Duplicate IDs causing errors

Russ Gray

Nov 26, 2021, 4:41:51 AM11/26/21
to SMART Community Forum
Hi all, one of my colleagues is having an issue with uploaded tracks having their patrol IDs being automatically assigned the same name (although on different dates), preventing them from exporting the patrols (see screenshot below).

error.png

While this is just a simple example to reproduce the error, there are thousands of patrols and hundreds with matching IDs. So the fix is not as simple as manually renaming them, because that would be extraordinarily time consuming and not exactly feasible at this moment.

Is there any way to fix this issue? Patrol data will have to be exported between machines, and likely between versions when the new 7.0 update is released, so this is a bit of an urgent matter.

Any help  is appreciated!!

All the best,
Russell Gray

Matt Hron

Nov 30, 2021, 2:31:30 PM11/30/21
to Russ Gray, SMART Community Forum
Hi Russ,
Is this related to the post from Xuan? I have a few questions to help figure out how duplicate IDs are getting assigned.

How are these patrols getting added to your CA?
 - Through SMART Mobile, CyberTracker, or import?
 - Which version of the mobile app do you use?
 - Are they being processed from SMART Connect or manually imported from a connected device?

Do you receive any sort of warning message when these patrols are added?

In the short term, I think exporting them as a couple separate files would be the simplest way to get around that warning (i.e. for the first export, just do the first patrol with each ID, then do a second export with all of the duplicates). We'll want to figure out the root cause of how these duplicates are being created, but that should allow you to export them without renaming all of the duplicates right away. Are you seeing any other issues related to the duplicate patrol IDs?

Regards,
Matt

Matt Hron
Director of Product and Customer Success
Wildlife Protection Solutions
Skype: matthew.hron

Russell J Gray

Nov 30, 2021, 8:32:31 PM11/30/21
to Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum
Thank you for the response, Matt. Yes this is a post regarding the same issue, my colleague had posted about it twice and had received no assistance so I figured I would bump it in case the description he provided was causing any confusion of what was happening.

To answer your questions:
1: patrols import from smart mobile
2: the version of mobile app is 6.3
3: they are imported from a connected device

While manually deselecting duplicates would be one way to export the tracks, it would be extremely time consuming given there are thousands of tracks and hundreds of duplicates buried within them.

Is there any quick ways to select or deselect duplicate track names? Or is there any way to include the entirety of the track name including the dates in which they occurred in data export queries so the patrol would not be identified as a duplicate in the first place?

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,
RG

--
Russell J. Gray
Wildlife Ecology & Conservation Consultant

0934581341 |  rjgray...@gmail.com
705 alligator ranch rd. New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA. 32168

Matt Hron

Dec 1, 2021, 4:40:59 PM12/1/21
to Russell J Gray, SMART Community Forum
Hi Russ,
I'm not aware of any shortcuts to automate renaming all of the duplicate patrol names or selecting just the unique names with a single click. Can you elaborate a bit on why you're exporting thousands of patrols? Maybe there's a workaround for what you're trying to do.

Regarding the SMART Mobile version, you can find that on the Settings screen of the app (e.g. 1.0.320). Do you receive any sort of warning message when these patrols are imported from SMART Mobile? Is it something you're able to reproduce consistently? It sounds like this duplication has been going on for a long time, so I'm wondering if there's any pattern in terms of what causes it to happen.

If you could send the error log that might be helpful in determining the cause of the issue.

Regards,
Matt

Russell J Gray

Dec 1, 2021, 8:04:46 PM12/1/21
to Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum
Hey again Matt,

My colleague showed me a few issues that have been occuring when uploading his patrols from SMART Mobile 6.3.0:

1. This error randomly occurs:
Error parsing feature information (feature will not be processed): Category not found for uuid '04f4cf2c608b407f86ad442d2edb6983

2. Some of the waypoints from the patrol randomly get grouped together -- i.e. if the patrol collected 20 waypoints along their track, it is recorded as only one waypoint in SMART Desktop with 17 features (but the features only show as 1 point on the map as well). These points are at different spatial locations, so I don't know how they are being automatically grouped.

3. I'm unsure if this is related to the problem or just something that happened while he was showing me some examples, but the import error log on the right hand window shows this:
"
CTDATA_2021-12-01T17_48_23_Patrol-0001.json

STATUS: ERROR

MESSAGE:
Error Processing File: User cancelled operation while assigning observations to patrols.

ERROR:
User cancelled operation while assigning observations to patrols.
org.wcs.smart.cybertracker.patrol.json.UserCancelledException: User cancelled operation while assigning observations to patrols.
at org.wcs.smart.cybertracker.patrol.json.PatrolJsonProcessor.processJson(PatrolJsonProcessor.java:465)
at org.wcs.smart.cybertracker.importer.json.JsonFileProcessor.process(JsonFileProcessor.java:197)
at org.wcs.smart.cybertracker.importer.json.JsonFileProcessor.access$0(JsonFileProcessor.java:166)
at org.wcs.smart.cybertracker.importer.json.JsonFileProcessor$1.run(JsonFileProcessor.java:138)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)"

4. Tracks often are randomly imported with incorrect datetime stamps, even though SMART Mobile phones all have the correct time and SMART Desktop is set to GMT + 7 (our time zone). I believe this may be one of the root causes of the duplicate timestamps.

Do any of these issues sound familiar?

Is there some way we could have a brief video call with any technical support personnel from the SMART partnership to resolve the issues?

As for the reasons for the data exports, we don't have SMART Connect effectively set up yet, and in this CA we only have one data manager and his laptop was having issues, so he had to transfer all the data to another desktop.

Hope this provides the info needed to help us identify and mitigate the issue!

All the best,
RG

--
Russell J. Gray
Wildlife Ecology & Conservation Consultant

0934581341 |  rjgray...@gmail.com
705 alligator ranch rd. New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA. 32168

Lili Sadikin

Dec 1, 2021, 9:30:36 PM12/1/21
to Russell J Gray, Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum

Hi Russ

I’m facing same problem with you.

Sometimes, with upgrade RAM consumption of SMART (Edit SMART.ini on notepad) can help to minimized that error.

Regard

Lili Sadikin

Sent from Mail for Windows