Adaptative managemet

Jorge Valenzuela

Mar 10, 2022, 1:34:06 PM3/10/22
to 'Konrad' via Community Forum
Hello to everyone.

I'm looking for information, documents or experience about adaptive management  in protected areas using SMART for patrols.

Thanks

Jorge Valenzuela
Medico Veterinario

Andean Cat Alliance - Chile

Felipe Spina

Mar 11, 2022, 8:02:34 AM3/11/22
to Jorge Valenzuela, 'Konrad' via Community Forum
Hi Jorge,

I hope you are well.

 Unfortunately, we still don't have so much scientific publications specific about SMART adaptive management, management effectiveness, and so on. But here are a few resources that I know of that may help you:

The latest METT-4 handbook published with guidelines to measure management effectiveness in protected areas has a specific chapter on how to improve the quality of METT assessments using SMART data as evidence in METT assessments.

And here are  some more paper about SMART Implementation and  PA mngmt that I know:

-Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool (SMART) inMid-Zambezi Valley, Zimbabwe: Implementation challenges and practiceshttps://conbio.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/csp2.492

-Indicators of success for smart Law enforcement in protected areas: A case study for Russian Amur Tiger (Panthera tigris altaica) reserves

Regards,
Felipe Spina
WWF-Brazil

Jorge Valenzuela

Mar 15, 2022, 2:57:25 PM3/15/22
to Felipe Spina, 'Konrad' via Community Forum
Felipe:

Thanks for your response. I will review all this information.

Regards

Jorge Valenzuela
Medico Veterinario

Andean Cat Alliance - Chile