SMART 7 Desktop French user interface availiability?

Ruari Bradburn

Apr 2, 2022, 1:46:00 PM4/2/22
to SMART Community Forum
Hi all,

We are very much enjoying using SMART 7 so far and look forward to conducting some field tests next week. I'm aware this forum is about to move but wanted to make a quick enquiry as to the availability of SMART 7 in French.

At the login screen of SMART using a French version of Windows, the language tooltip says French, but the vast majority of the buttons remain in English. A UI for the French-speaking operators is highly desirable for us if possible.

We have our own data model that is translated in both English a French but are struggling to find a way to make the buttons on the desktop application read in French. Is this possible or is a translation for SMART 7 desktop currently unavailable?

As a quick sidenote, on the SMART  Mobile application we have a version that is working mostly great in French, the only problem is that at the start of the patrol the patrol metadata headings (mandate, team etc) still display in English. Is there a way to change this also?

We greatly appreciate any help that anyone is able to offer in this regard.

Best,

Ruari

Monica Harris

Apr 4, 2022, 9:45:05 AM4/4/22
to SMART Community Forum, Ruari Bradburn
Hi Ruari,

Thanks for your question.

SMART 7 is available in 17 languages in different completeness status. For French, our completion status is 96%, so most text should be in French.
In the new Forum I have added a post about changing language in SMART. I will send out a link shortly. Please have a look and if you are still having problems let us know.

Thanks,

Monica