Reports

Julio Maaz

Mar 2, 2022, 8:31:23 AM3/2/22
to SMART Community Forum
Dear SMART Community,

I wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations of how to add Grid data (not a gridded data) to a Map in reports as can be done on arcgis. I would also like to know how we can add the datum we are using on the report?

Julio Maaz

Alexander Wyatt

Mar 2, 2022, 11:45:26 PM3/2/22
to Julio Maaz, SMART Community Forum
Hi Julio,

Could you elaborate a little on what you'd like to achieve here?

Shapefiles can be used for spatial analysis in SMART when utilised as one of the 5 primary basemap layers (e.g. you can add a grid as your "patrol sectors" layer then query observations against this layer).

Cheers,

Alex

Maaz, Julio

Mar 3, 2022, 7:26:39 AM3/3/22
to Alexander Wyatt, Julio Maaz, SMART Community Forum

Hi Alex

I am trying to add graticules as we add them to the grids in ArcGIS.  It would also be helpful if on the map we can pull up the Datum used to generate the map.  For us in some cases the maps are needed to present in court. We would then have to export the data to ARCGIS and create in the format I am sharing.  Its being able to add the graticules with the grids.  I am not referring to the grid query in SMART.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Julio

Sent from Mail for Windows

Mar 3, 2022, 8:15:20 AM3/3/22
to Maaz, Julio, Alexander Wyatt, Julio Maaz, SMART Community Forum

Hi Julio,

You can create a basemap in the Map View and use it as the basis for maps in reports. To add a graticule go to Add Layer>Map Decoration>Graticule. I am not aware of a way to automatically add the graticule information (datum, projection, coordinate system, etc.) to a map legend. I think that would have to be done manually.

Hope this helps.

Rich