Unable to enable photos for SMART Mobile

AMIR AHSANUDDIN AMINUDDIN

Aug 6, 2021, 4:11:24 AM8/6/21
to SMART Community Forum
Hi everyone,

I want to make sure that every observation recorded on SMART Mobile is captured on camera.  However, when I was configuring the data model, the option for me to take photos is disabled- cannot select "Photo Required" (See attachment, highlighted in yellow).

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Capture.JPG

Thanks,
Amir

Matt Hron

Aug 6, 2021, 1:16:54 PM8/6/21
to AMIR AHSANUDDIN AMINUDDIN, SMART Community Forum
Hello Amir,
I'm not able to reproduce that problem, so I have a couple of questions for you:
1. Does this issue affect every category in your configurable data model or just Human Sign?
2. If you exit SMART entirely and re-launch it, is the issue still present?
3. Does the problem persist if you delete this category from the configurable data model then add it back in?

Regards,
Matt

Matt Hron
Director of Product and Customer Success
Wildlife Protection Solutions
Skype: matthew.hron

AMIR AHSANUDDIN AMINUDDIN

Aug 9, 2021, 8:54:00 PM8/9/21
to Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum
Hi Matt,

1. Does this issue affect every category in your configurable data model or just Human Sign?
Yes, all category doesn't seem to let me select the "Photo required" Option

2. If you exit SMART entirely and re-launch it, is the issue still present?
Yes

3. Does the problem persist if you delete this category from the configurable data model then add it back in?
Yes.

Let me know if you have other questions/ solutions.  Really stuck on this issue...

Amir

Bergl, Richard

Aug 9, 2021, 9:19:05 PM8/9/21
to AMIR AHSANUDDIN AMINUDDIN, Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum
Hi,

In your main data model, have you enabled photos for that category?

Rich

Aug 9, 2021, 9:36:54 PM8/9/21
to Bergl, Richard, Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum
Hi Rich,

Can't find the option to do that.  How do I do it?

Amir

Bergl, Richard

Aug 9, 2021, 9:50:32 PM8/9/21
to AMIR AHSANUDDIN AMINUDDIN, Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum
See p. 210 in the technical training manual and the attached.Image

Aug 9, 2021, 10:11:29 PM8/9/21
to Bergl, Richard, Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum
Hi,

This is to enable the attribute, not the photos

Puspita, Oktafa

Aug 9, 2021, 10:43:18 PM8/9/21
to AMIR AHSANUDDIN AMINUDDIN, Bergl, Richard, Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum

Hi Amir,

Have you check on your data model configuration, from menu Conservation Area à Data Model… Then you can select the category that you want to have photo. Please look pict attached.

Salam,

Aug 10, 2021, 8:06:20 AM8/10/21
to AMIR AHSANUDDIN AMINUDDIN, Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum

OK, I misunderstood your issue. You have to uncheck “Always take photos at the beginning” on the properties  of the root node of the Configurable Model:

If you have this option checked then the user will be prompted to take a phot at the beginning of all observations (hence the option to disable phots being greyed out).

Rich

Thanks,

Amir

Matt Hron

Director of Product and Customer Success

Wildlife Protection Solutions

Skype: matthew.hron

Denton Joachim

Aug 17, 2021, 6:53:38 AM8/17/21
to SMART Community Forum, rua...@gmail.com, matt...@wildlifeprotectionsolutions.org, SMART Community Forum, AMIR AHSANUDDIN AMINUDDIN
Hi Amir,

Did the solution Rich shared work for you?

Regards