Uploading patrols to connect

enock ochieng

Aug 10, 2021, 9:27:48 AM8/10/21
to Community Forum
When uploading patrols to smart whats the maximum number of patrols are you able to successfully uploading to smart connect when you got several patrols importing to desktop then uploading them to connect. I have imported over 7000 patrols but connect counts to 81% then takes several minutes then tells me not successfully uploaded because they're too much of patrols to upload to smart.
Please help
Thank you

Matt Hron

Aug 10, 2021, 4:01:21 PM8/10/21
to enock ochieng, Community Forum
Hi Enock,
Can you share the specific error message you received and the error log file? If you have imported thousands of patrols since last syncing to Connect, I can see this being a lot of data to process and take a very long time to get through. It would probably be easier to delete the CA from Connect and upload the entire thing from your desktop rather than having it process syncing all of those individual patrols. Will that work for you?

Regards,
Matt

Matt Hron
Director of Product and Customer Success
Wildlife Protection Solutions
Skype: matthew.hron

enock ochieng

Aug 10, 2021, 11:15:18 PM8/10/21
to Matt Hron, Community Forum
Hi Matt,
Find attached are my errors.
Thank you
Enock Odera Ochieng
Programs Officer
The Bill Woodley Mt. Kenya Co LTD
PO Box 690-10400, Nanyuki, Kenya
Mobile Phone: +254 727 780 647

Save paper, save trees and only print this email if you have to.

lod error upload.txt
error upload.jpg

Matt Hron

Aug 11, 2021, 12:55:04 PM8/11/21
to enock ochieng, Community Forum
Hello Enock,
Can you confirm whether you're able to go the route of re-uploading your entire CA to Connect? That would be much more efficient than trying to sync thousands of patrols all at once. If that isn't an option, it may take many repeated attempts to sync the data as it gets through a portion of it each time, particularly if you have any issues with connectivity.

Regards,
Matt

Denton Joachim

Aug 17, 2021, 6:56:22 AM8/17/21
to SMART Community Forum, matt...@wildlifeprotectionsolutions.org, Community Forum, eochi...@gmail.com
Hi Enock

What does your SMART Connect server settings look like as well? (Timeouts etc?) do you have a picture of that because maybe that also needs to be increased?

Regards

enock ochieng

Denton Joachim

Aug 20, 2021, 10:02:07 AM8/20/21
to SMART Community Forum, eochi...@gmail.com
Thanks Enock for the feedback and glad all is now working

Regards