Third Hax festival seeks sponsors for presenter/performer honouria

Mark Jenkins

Feb 13, 2022, 2:33:47 PM2/13/22
to Announce
Skullspace is seeking sponsors for the third edition of Hax, our
weekend hackerspace festival.

The third edition will be a hybrid in-person/online event early this
spring. The ideal weekend would be April 1-3rd, 2022, in honour of the
unofficial hacker holiday, April Fools.

The festival centrepiece will be a Saturday morning and afternoon
featuring presentations of interest to a hackerspace community and an
evening of DJ performances to hack along to.

Friday night will be a movie night. The weekend festival Sunday will
be a casual day of hanging out, video gaming, tabletop gaming, and
exhibits.

Sponsors are asked to express their interest by Friday February 25th
and we will announce the finalized choice of a weekend in either March
or April on Sunday February 27th.

The following sponsorship levels are available:

Bronze Package - $750
This will allow us to pay honouria to eight presenters, four
performing DJs, and five panelists.

Silver Package - $1250
This will allow us to achieve the goals of bronze level, plus pay
honouria to our Saturday broadcast tech and master of ceremonies.

Gold Package - $1500
Everything in the silver package plus a rental fee to Skullspace for
the use of space and network for the broadcast.

Bronze, Silver, and Gold sponsors will be acknowledged on the festival
website, by our MCs, and logos acknowledged on in our broadcast, with
logo sizes ranked by size of contribution.

Platinum package - $2250
Everything covered by gold plus an honouria for our festival organizer
/ organizing committee. A platinum sponsor will be given "presented
by" designation. "Hax 3.0 weekend hackerspace festival, presented by
Widget Co".

Named sponsor package -- $5000
Funds all of the above plus leaves a surplus to be donated to
Skullspace. We may allocate some of this to a food budget. A named
sponsor gets their name at the front of the title: "Widget Co Hax
Festival".

We also welcome smaller donations in support of Hax. Follow the Paypal
link at https://skullspace.ca/donate/ and let us know your donation is
to support Hax 2022.

While we sort out sponsorship, we also welcome early-bird interest in
presenting. We would appreciate any effort you can make to help us
recruit presenters from populations that are under-represented in
hackerspaces and from people we have not had on stage before. Remember
that "presentations of interest to a hackerspace community" is a
pretty wide open call. Let's make it interesting.

Happy Hacking!,

Mark Jenkins