new interior door a work in progress -- temporary exit procedures

Mark Jenkins

Jan 11, 2023, 1:57:28 AM1/11/23
to Announce
Hey folks,

A lot of heroics went into installing our new interior door tonight.

We discovered late after our exhausted expert departed that the exit
pushbar inside the space was only partially disengaging the latch
parts.

I'm sure folks will fix this ASAP.

Until then, exit with the assistance of the electronic white button on
the door frame. There is signage pointing at it.

The electronic system has a fresh battery backing it up.

If the electronic system fails, there are tools at the door that can
be used to disengage the latches to exit. Your choice of screwdriver
or an unattached hinge that you can use to poke the latches.

I have also left my flashlight at the exit for the unlikely event of
it being dark.

Please take note of these things upon entry so you are ready for exit.

All of this information is also available in the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ioQvbDeOgM

There is visible signage bringing this to members' attention on entry
and exit, including arrows pointed at the white button for exit.

Thank you for your patience with this important upgrade. I'm sure
folks will have this fixed very soon.

One other outstanding issue is that we don't have our door arm
installed to automatically close the door. So, the ease of the door
swinging will likely surprise you on entry.

Happy Hacking,
Mark Jenkins
white_exit_button_with_signage.jpg

Edwin Amsler

Jan 11, 2023, 1:16:14 PM1/11/23
to dis...@skullspace.ca, Announce
Thanks for the hard work everyone. It took a surprising amount of effort last night and this little setback doesn’t change the fact that the new door is installed and doing it’s door duties!

Regards,

Edwin