First Friday featuring synth v software show n tell, Hax talk pitches, + maybe more

Mark Jenkins

Jan 5, 2023, 7:24:12 PM1/5/23
to Announce
Announcing our monthly First Friday open house. January 6, 2023 at Skullspace.

7pm-9pm: Synths vs Software show and tell

What are your preferred tools for music and sound production?
Synthesizers? Or software? (DAWs, trackers, soft synths etc.)
Come out for a casual show and tell.

I will be bringing a GEM WS2ii workstation keyboard from the 1990s
that has somewhat customizable voices.

----------------
7:30pm:
Our spring hackerspace festival will span Friday March 31 through
Sunday April 2nd, 2023.

Saturday April 1st will include presentations of interest to a broad
hackerspace community, and a special block for cyber security talks.

Honouria will likely be available again for speakers.

At 7:30pm Friday we welcome short pitches for talks you would like to
give on April 1st. Traditional talk submissions by email/form will
also be available, official call for presentations to be posted soon.
------------

I don't know if I can make it prior to 7pm, so that's why that's the
start time for synths vs software show and tell. Our traditional
posted time for first Friday's is 6pm. Stay tuned for updates on the
possibility of someone being there at 6pm and you can expect our usual
First Friday lineup of tours, table-top gaming, member meet and greet
etc to be available in the first hour.
------

The building door may be closed during this event. To get in call
204-480-4092 or make other advance arrangements with us.

Mark Jenkins

Edwin Amsler

Jan 5, 2023, 10:16:24 PM1/5/23
to dis...@skullspace.ca, Announce
I’ll pack my random junky software synth stuff. Needs an overhaul but kind of neat to show base principles.

Regards,

Edwin

> On Jan 5, 2023, at 6:24 PM, Mark Jenkins <ma...@parit.ca> wrote:
>
> Announcing our monthly First Friday open house. January 6, 2023 at Skullspace.
> --
>
> ---

Kyle M.

Jan 21, 2023, 3:02:38 AM1/21/23
to Announce, edwinguy, Announce, dis...@skullspace.ca

OMG.. I cant believe I miss this stuff. lol. I woulda loved to bring in my gear!