Sat Jan 27 and Tue Jan 30, celebrate January birthdays

Mark Jenkins

Jan 12, 2024, 8:48:22 PMJan 12
to Announce
It's January, so I'm once again hosting a celebration of January
birthdays, mine and others.

Doing a bigger version this year, with a full afternoon and evening on
Saturday January 27 and a lecture/workshop that is part of our Tuesday
January 30 open house.

--------
The Saturday Jan 27 multi-site party:

All Skullspace members and Skullspace connected folks welcome.
Celebrate at multiple times and locations. Gifts not expected.

* 1pm-5:00pm at Mark's new residence in south-west Winnipeg. Family
friendly, dry event. Featuring, snacks, a music jam, board gaming, and
specifically for kids, Lego and video games. Cake at 5pm. For the
address reach out to Mark via ma...@parit.ca or through other channels.
Skullspace members and associates that Mark is not already familiar
with will need to get a referral from someone that Mark knows for this
portion. Ask if unsure.

* 6pm-8pm at Finn McCools, 1180 Grant Ave. Drink, talk and eat at the
pub. Cover your own tab. After, sober host rides available for next
segment at Skullspace and/or group ride on route 66 bus door to door.

* 8:45pm-late, after party, project hacking time at Skullspace with
electronic music welcomed. Not a social with tickets or an alcohol
license or anything like that. Just a hacking good time for Skullspace
members and close associates. Not a public event.
-------------

In celebration of January birthdays, Mark Jenkins will offer a lecture
and workshop titled: I learned morse code the wrong way and now I'm
doing it right.

The workshop portion will include a hands on opportunity to start you
down the road of learning morse code the "right way" for listening at
appropriate speed.

Following the lecture/workshop birthday cake will be served. Once cake
is served, Mark will also be available for 1-on-1 discussion of his
VIC-20 practice tone generator which he has hooked up to morse
paddle/keyer and a look at the source code.

Open to all members of the public as part of Skullspace open house
Tuesday nights. You may need to call 204-480-4092 for entry to the
building. If you require alternative accommodations for entry, let us
know in advance on Discord, irc, or email ma...@parit.ca.

Lecture and workshop will also be available online at:
https://meet.google.com/vto-qsdc-rxd
but no cake will be served over the video conference.