Installation question

Slavomír Čéplö

Nov 23, 2020, 3:22:39 PM11/23/20
to NoSketch Engine
Dear all,

a quick question regarding installation: can we have the old
manatee+bonito version (2.36.7-open-2.158.8-open-3.105.1) and the new
one (the latest one with crystal) installed side by side on the same
server? And if, are there things we should be aware of and watch out
for during and after installation?
Thank you,

Slavo

Miloš Jakubíček

Nov 23, 2020, 3:34:39 PM11/23/20
to Slavomír Čéplö, NoSketch Engine
Hi Slavo,

in principle yes but you need to make sure that each of the components uses the right version of the other component, namely that Crystal would be using new Bonito and that Bonito would use new Manatee,
whereas in the old installation the old Bonito would use the old Manatee.

All doable and not too difficult:
- install Manatee including its Python API into separate directories (from sources using ./configure --prefix=<somewhere> --exec-prefix=<somewhere>, or by rpm --root <alternative_root> if you have any <alternative_root> that you can use)
- change the top of the run.cgi file to instruct Bonito where to look for the corresponding Manatee version:

if '@libdir@' not in sys.path:
    sys.path.insert (0, '@libdir@')

Best
Milos