Interface to R

Peter Gilles

Dec 17, 2020, 8:04:58 AM12/17/20
to NoSketch Engine
Dear all,
I am wondering if there is already an interface to R or maybe an R package to integrate NoSke into R. I am able to use the API and import JSON-Strings into R, but it is quite complicated to further process the query results in R. I saw that an R package for the CWB is out now and I think it would a nice enhancement also for NoSke.

Thank you all,
Peter

Miloš Jakubíček

Dec 29, 2020, 3:32:40 AM12/29/20
to Peter Gilles, NoSketch Engine
Dear Peter,

Manatee uses SWIG for interfacing with non-C++ code, SWIG seems to support R quite well but we have never tried this. But feel free to build the R interface yourself, the common.i and manatee.i SWIG interface files are part of the distribution package.

Best regards,
Milos Jakubicek

CEO, Lexical Computing
Brno, CZ | Brighton UK