new version of NoSketch Engine (manatee 2.208/bonito 5.57.6/gdex 4.12/crystal 2.114)

Miloš Jakubíček

Jul 11, 2022, 9:53:28 AM7/11/22
to NoSketch Engine
Dear all,

after two years we have finally prepared the release of a new version of NoSketch Engine, which you can download from the usual location (https://corpus.tools).

To sum up the most important changes:
- all Python parts (Bonito, GDEX) are now rewritten into Python3. Python2 is no longer supported anywhere.
- keyword extraction is significantly faster thanks to a new FSA-based backend. To compile additional indices use the corpus4fsa script (otherwise the necessary indices will be auto-compiled when needed for the first time, making the users wait)
- there is a new user registration module. Registrations may optionally require admin approval. See documentation for details.
- a completely new text type analysis feature providing a quick overview of corpus metadata.
- the UI has small improvements in many places, such as having the macros.

You can try using demo installations of the most up-to-date version of noSkE:

https://no.sketchengine.co.uk/crystal (without authentication)
https://no.sketchengine.co.uk/crystal-auth (with authentication, use test/t for login).
https://no.sketchengine.co.uk/crystal-registration/ (with authentication and user registration)

Even though we tested the new noSkE a lot, some bugs may remain undetected. Your feedback on any issues or suspicious behaviour is most welcome.

Credits to all my colleagues working on the release.

On behalf of the SkE team,
Milos Jakubicek

Omar Siam

Jul 12, 2022, 6:24:55 AM7/12/22
to NoSketch Engine
Thank you for this much improved release!
We would like to point you to two projects that provide containers for those that like this technology and want to start using a ready made environment:
Best regards
Omar Siam (ACDH-CH Austrian Academy of Sciences)