Getting all possible document names

Veronika Landerer

Mar 22, 2021, 1:11:27 PM3/22/21
to NoSketch Engine
Hi everyone,

I'm working with diachronic data from different corpora and am creating timelines.
The corpora all have a text type doc.date. Is it possible to get all attribute values as a list (e.g. 25 March 2013, 26 April 2013,11 February 2013, etc.) via API (JSON)?  I have not been successfull so far.
What I'm ultimately trying to find ist the earliest and the latest date in doc.date text type.

Thanks a million!
Veronika

Miloš Jakubíček

Mar 22, 2021, 3:33:46 PM3/22/21
to Veronika Landerer, NoSketch Engine
Hi,

sure it is -- go to corpus info page, and there select the doc.date under Text Types and see the XHR request the browser is making.
In the demo site, for doc.n on Susanne, it's this page:

where you can see the JSON request.

Basically it's just a standard wordlist API query with "doc.n" (or "doc.date" in your case) in the wlattr parameter.

Best,
Milos Jakubicek

CEO, Lexical Computing
Brno, CZ | Brighton, UK

Slavomír Čéplö

Mar 22, 2021, 3:45:49 PM3/22/21
to Miloš Jakubíček, Veronika Landerer, NoSketch Engine

Veronika Landerer

Mar 22, 2021, 4:08:59 PM3/22/21
to NoSketch Engine, bulbult...@gmail.com, Veronika Landerer, NoSketch Engine, Miloš Jakubíček
Ahh I forgot to include non-words  and ended up with an empty list...
It's nice to habe such an easy answer to a problem from time to time :)
Thank you very much!

How do you use NoSkE? I think this kind of graph is pretty easy if you are familiar with plotly or similar plotting libraries.
I use plotly and Python to generate graphs for frequency distributions and timelines. Maybe I can help you!

Miloš Jakubíček

Mar 22, 2021, 5:07:05 PM3/22/21
to Slavomír Čéplö, Veronika Landerer, NoSketch Engine
If you don't get it then I guess the corpus doesn't have any SUBCORPATTRS set?

See the docs for that directive.

Best
Milos

Milos Jakubicek

CEO, Lexical Computing
Brno, CZ | Brighton, UK

Slavomír Čéplö

Mar 22, 2021, 6:15:51 PM3/22/21
to Miloš Jakubíček, Veronika Landerer, NoSketch Engine
@Miloš: Setting SUBCORPATTRS is not a problem, but I'm sorry, I don't
see anything in the documentation about that particular
functionality... Is the "#text-type-analysis" tool just for
SketchEngine? When I try to use it, I get 404.
@ܼVeronika: Thank you, I can plot my own things with R and Python, but
here I'm thinking about the users of my NoSke installations who are
not that tech savvy.

Miloš Jakubíček

Mar 22, 2021, 7:30:44 PM3/22/21

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 at 23:15, Slavomír Čéplö <bulbult...@gmail.com> wrote:
@Miloš: Setting SUBCORPATTRS is not a problem, but I'm sorry, I don't
see anything in the documentation about that particular
functionality... Is the "#text-type-analysis" tool just for
SketchEngine?

No -- but it might be well that it is in a version that was not released as part of NoSkE.
Stay tuned -- my colleague is hunting for one last known bug and then a new version is coming, with lot of changes (e.g. Python3)

Best
Milos

Slavomír Čéplö

Mar 22, 2021, 7:32:40 PM3/22/21
to Miloš Jakubíček, Veronika Landerer, NoSketch Engine
That would make sense, the version of Crystal at
https://no.sketchengine.co.uk is 2.57.1, the latest one released for
NoSke is 2.14.1.
Looking forward to the new version :)