filtering from command line?

Sass Bálint

Oct 25, 2022, 5:31:49 AM10/25/22
to no...@sketchengine.co.uk
Dear All,

I have a local NoSketchEngine installation.

I created a query in crystal UI with several filtering steps.

I would like to recreate and rerun it at command line.

Is this possible? How?

I see that `corpquery` does not have a filtering option,
and I have not found a tool for filtering on this site either:
https://www.sketchengine.eu/documentation/local-installations/command-line-tools/#toggle-id-1

Thank you,
Bálint Sass
PhD, senior research fellow
Research Centre for Linguistics, Institute for Lexicology
http://www.nytud.hu/depts/corpus/Sass_Balint.html

Miloš Jakubíček

Oct 27, 2022, 5:06:32 AM10/27/22
to Sass Bálint, no...@sketchengine.co.uk
Dear Bálint,

right, there is no cmdline tool to do this, as it is very much meant as an UI-option.
- reformulate into a single CQL so that you can use corpquery
or
- call the CGI backend from the command line using the request you clicked in the browser.

For the latter option: make your query in the UI with all the filtering steps and then open the browser development/debugging console to copy the HTTP request.
In Chrome, there is an option to copy as an exact curl command that makes the request. Besides using curl, for a GET query you can also call the run.cgi locally on the server, giving the URL as parameter (and user as second parameter if needed).

Best
Milos

Milos Jakubicek

CEO, Lexical Computing