Something went wrong... No such file or directory

Simone Di Nardo Di Maio

Feb 18, 2021, 9:28:04 AM2/18/21
to NoSketch Engine
Dear all,
I set up nosketch on a virtual machine.
Seems to work fine, Crystal displays the wordlist correctly, but in the concordance section I always get the same error:

Something went wrong... No such file or directory

I can't find the error.

Tnx
-- Simone

Miloš Jakubíček

Feb 19, 2021, 4:04:13 PM2/19/21
to Simone Di Nardo Di Maio, NoSketch Engine
Dear Simone,

from the browser, you can run the HTTP request from cmdline using tools like curl (Chrome directly supports this through "copy as curl"). If you append "debug=1" into the GET parameters you will get a back trace showing you where the "No such file or directory" is coming from.

My wild guess: does the concordance cache directory (as setup in run.cgi) exist?

Best regards,
Milos Jakubicek

CEO, Lexical Computing
Brno, CZ | Brighton, UK

Simone Di Nardo Di Maio

Feb 20, 2021, 8:42:41 AM2/20/21
to NoSketch Engine, Miloš Jakubíček
I Milos,
thank you very much. The folder exists but Bonito did not have write permissions. Now, it works perfectly.
I have another question: is it possible activate collocations?

tnx a lot
- Simone

Miloš Jakubíček

Feb 21, 2021, 5:54:22 PM2/21/21
to Simone Di Nardo Di Maio, NoSketch Engine
Dear Simone,

concordance collocations should "just work": see bullet 12 in the last picture at https://www.sketchengine.eu/quick-start-guide/concordance-lesson/
If you are asking about word sketches, that's not part of NoSketch Engine.

Best regards,
Milos Jakubicek

CEO, Lexical Computing
Brno, CZ | Brighton, UK