Crystal make fails

Slavomír Čéplö

Apr 7, 2023, 5:11:25 AM4/7/23
to NoSketch Engine
Hi everyone,

when trying to build Crystal from source, the make command fails with
a bunch of errors of this type:

Module build failed (from ./node_modules/sass-loader/dist/cjs.js):
ReferenceError: globalThis is not defined

Can you please advise?

Thank you,

Slavomír

Tomáš Svoboda

Apr 8, 2023, 7:44:45 AM4/8/23
to NoSketch Engine, bulbult...@gmail.com
Hi Slavomír,
what version of Node do you use? I managed to reproduce the error with v12.12, but not with v16.16. So if you are using an older version, I would recommend updating it and running npm install again. (I will update Node dependency in package.json)

Best regards!

Tomas

Slavomír Čéplö

Apr 8, 2023, 1:27:15 PM4/8/23
to Tomáš Svoboda, NoSketch Engine
Hi Tomáš,

Thank you for getting back to me.
One server - not mine - reports v 6.13.4, the other one - mine does not have npm installed at all.
I am now confused because I thought the crystal source package came with its own npm, that's what node-v10.17.0-linux-x64.tar.xz was for.
Best wishes,

Slavomír

El ds 8. 4. 2023 a les 13:44 Tomáš Svoboda <tomas....@sketchengine.co.uk> va escriure:

Tomáš Svoboda

Apr 10, 2023, 6:15:22 AM4/10/23
to NoSketch Engine, bulbult...@gmail.com, NoSketch Engine, Tomáš Svoboda
Hi,
you are right, NoSketch Engine Crystal came with own Node - 10.17.0. But it is a little bit behind production Crystal, which uses Node 16.16 for about a month. We will update NoSketch Engine Crystal, hopefully soon, but of course you don't need to wait and you can update Node on your own.

Best regards!

Tomas

Dne sobota 8. dubna 2023 v 19:27:15 UTC+2 uživatel bulbult...@gmail.com napsal:
Hi Tomáš,

Thank you for getting back to me.
One server - not mine - reports v 6.13.4, the other one - mine does not have npm installed at all.
I am now confused because I thought the crystal source package came with its own npm, that's what node-v10.17.0-linux-x64.tar.xz was for.
Best wishes,

Slavomír

El ds 8. 4. 2023 a les 13:44 Tomáš Svoboda <tomas.svoboda@sketchengine.co.uk> va escriure:

Slavomír Čéplö

Apr 10, 2023, 6:33:38 AM4/10/23
to Tomáš Svoboda, NoSketch Engine
Hi Tomáš,

Excellent, thank you. I tried replacing v10 with v18, but that one
failed, too. So it finally worked with 16.20.
Best wishes,

Slavomír