Tick, Tock . . . Tick, Tock

webm...@sjgames.com

Dec 1, 2018, 12:48:33 AM12/1/18
to ogre...@sjgames.com

Tick, Tock . . . Tick, Tock

We are only a mere few days away from the long awaited Battlefields Kickstarter! Opening next Wednesday, December 5, it will run through the month. Although I'm sure most of you know this by now, Battlefields will include maps G3 and S3; the various new units missing from Ogre Designer's Edition and Ogre Sixth Edition; a number of 3-D units including both a Fencer-B and two Ninja; a completely new structure: the Radar Station; and so much more. There will be scenarios for the new maps as well. But what's a Kickstarter without stretch goals? We do have some sweet ones lined up . . . but that's for another day. With this release, we will have finally reached the end of our many promised Ogre stretch goals, with only the Car Wars stretch goal left from our historic ODE Kickstarter that started us on this wonderful path. This has been, and should remain, a fun trip! Additionally, the timing is perfect for those of you looking for a gift for the gamer in your life, or even better, an idea you can pass along when a family member asks you what YOU might like!

Speaking of the season, be sure to check out the 2018 Haul-iday Sale over on Warehouse 23. There are all sorts of gifts available, many from 23-75% off. Now is a great time to round out your Ogre collection with these discounted prices as well as check out all of our other games, including Munchkin, that are on sale. And if that wasn't enough of an incentive, we will give you gifts as well! The more you buy for others, the more we give to you! Details may be found on the Warehouse 23 Haul-iday Sale page.

Our next Ogrezine II article was published this past Thursday. Karl Gallagher examines the Superheavy Tank, chronicaling its evolution over time, and the various possible paths it might take in the future. "The Superheavy Controversy" is an excellent read. Our fifth article is scheduled to be posted this coming Friday.

Finally, as Phil announced earlier, shipping has begun for Ogre Miniatures, Second Edition. The various playmats should headed out soon, too. It is going to take us a little while to get everything out to everyone, but December should be a great month for Ogre!

-- Drew Metzger

(Post #52)