Ogre Updates

webm...@sjgames.com

Aug 18, 2019, 2:58:29 PM8/18/19
to ogre...@sjgames.com

Ogre Updates

A little of this and a little of that for this Ogre News.

First off, as most if not all of you know, the campaign for Ogre Miniatures Set 3 featuring the Ogre Mark VI and Doppelsoldner was a success. Over 500 backers helped make this latest Ogre Miniatures set a reality. The factory is currently working on the steel molds for these beasts, and we hope to have test shots to share in October/November. We are also working on the BackerKit and should have that ready soon. We anticipate having a limited preorder period for those that missed the campaign as well.

Battlefields continues to ship domestically. For those of you enjoying the supplement and sharing your pictures/posts, thank you! For those of you (including myself!) that have yet to receive it, please be patient. As Phil has mentioned in the Kickstarter Updates, we had a few issues with the fulfillment warehouse and have a very small staff to run down snafus. As of last week we still had 134 in the US who had not been sent their orders; fear not. We will get everyone their pledges. For our international brethren, we will post an update once packages are ready for the various fulfillment partners overseas.

Due to popular request, we have re-opened preorders for the Pocket Box BackerKit. Need a portable version of Ogre but want all the extras? Grab Ogre, G.E.V., Shockwave, and Ogre Reinforcement Pack, and you are good to go. You can load up on all sorts of Ogre (and non-Ogre!) goodies, including Battlesuit, the new Battlefields, Ogre Playmat M1, and more. Check out the classic Car Wars material and new The Fantasy Trip stuff, too!

Speaking of playmats, Battlefields, and Ogre Miniatures Set 3, where are the scenarios, everybody? Previously, I've thrown down the gauntlet for you all to provide me with some interesting ideas but there has been a lot of crickets since then. You've got a bunch of new maps via the playmats and soon some monstrous miniatures; that has to be stimulating some creative juices, no? If I'm to convince Phil that we need an Ogrezine Mark III, I need your help! As always, please send submissions or questions to og...@sjgames.com. I look forward to my mailbox exploding in the near future!

Enjoy the waning days of summer and play some Ogre!

-- Drew Metzger

(Post #70)