A Pause In The Shelling

webm...@sjgames.com

Nov 2, 2018, 11:10:43 PM11/2/18
to ogre...@sjgames.com

A Pause In The Shelling

Whew! It has been a busy few weeks here at CP Fnord. We have posted the first two articles for Ogrezine II; locked down the BackerKit on the same (including ordering those great Ogre Playmats!); given "Iron Mountain" a facelift; and are tying up loose ends on Battlefields . . . an Ogre project to be Kickstarted in the near future. Things are certainly exciting here in the bunker!

Despite all of this hustle and bustle, we still find time to appreciate the contributions others make to the game we know and love. First up is a stop-motion video on YouTube utilizing the Ogre Playmat M1, by Allfishleadto. Can you imagine being the sole surviving Heavy Tank facing down an (admittedly battle-worn) Ogre Mark V?! Those are the types of games that live on as legends around the gaming table for years to come!

Next up are a pair of tributes to the spouses out there that support us in our hobbies. These uber-amazing and under-appreciated individuals are patient beyond sainthood, tolerant of the gaming detrius we might leave about (not to mention our gaming expenditures!), and even sometimes willing to indulge us by playing a game or three. But some go even beyond these levels, demonstrating their understanding of our passion. My first example notes that Keith Lewis' wife chose to take a sewing class. Now, one might ask, how does that relate to Ogre? Well, check this out. The second example has been mentioned previously, but worthy of repeating. The answer to Keith's rhetorical question might be found in my second offering. This Twitter post from last year says it all about having a birthday as an Ogre fan. Congrats again, prayerborne! These examples are just a small reminder for everyone to appreciate those that support us in our chosen pastimes.

Our next Ogrezine article is scheduled to be posted on November 16. Keep the ideas and art flowing! Until then, stay sharp, Ogre fans!

-- Drew Metzger

(Post #50)