Last Ogrezine II Article And Kickstarter Madness

webm...@sjgames.com

Feb 27, 2019, 8:05:36 PM2/27/19
to ogre...@sjgames.com

Last Ogrezine II Article And Kickstarter Madness

We are closing out February by publishing the final submission for Ogrezine II, titled "Mercy Well Met" by T. A. Gordon. This is an introspective look at an Ogre that has decided to pursue a different path from the pre-ordained trail of destruction. I envision this occuring in the later years of The Last War, when sentinent Ogres are accepted norms. Captain Megan Grace of the Anarchist Relief Front would welcome Mercy with open arms! We anticipate having Ogrezine II complete in the latter part of March. Once released, we will be able to move quickly towards the POD version of Ogrezine I & II as well. Don't forget, there will be a few surprises for you in the issue, too!

In other Ogre news, we have published our latest edition of the Ogre Rulebook online on the Ogre Resources page. Although there were very few changes between Battle Box and Battlefields editions, those few changes that did occur are reflected in the latest version of the rulebook. Feel free to download the latest edition.

Moving on to the current Kickstarter for the "Pocket Box Games of the '80s", I have to take a moment to comment on this amazing campaign. As a gamer who grew up in the '70s and '80s, there is a heavy dose of nostaligia here, but that is in no small part due to the fact that the games I played as a boy and teen were fun! Steve Jackson Games was one of my three "go to" game publishers (the other two being TSR and GDW), and I dropped a lot of my lawn mowing income (ok . . . all of it!) on games from these companies. Ogre/GEV, Car Wars, and more, literally occupied hours of my imagination. I'm not exaggerating when I say these games have had a major influence on my life, through the time I spent playing with others, creating new scenarios/monsters/cars/dungeons/etc., and even writing for Autoduel Quarterly back in the day. Which brings me to the Kickstarter campaign. This campaign will be ending this Friday, and the $200 pledge level is absolutely out of this world for fans of Ogre/GEVCar Wars, and Illuminati. Let's review, shall we, what is included in a pledge at that level?

Ogre/GEV

  • Ogre (if chosen as one of the seven additional games)
  • GEV (if chosen as one of the seven additional games)
  • Shockwave
  • Ogre Reinforcement Pack
  • Battlesuit (if chosen as one of the seven additional games)
  • Necromancer (if chosen as one of the seven additional games; see the February 15 Ogre News for why this is valuable to Ogre fans!)
  • ALL of the above include die-cut counters, in addition to the original sheet of counters that needed cutting out
  • An Ogre Storage Stickers included in each of Ogre, Shockwave, Reinforcement Pack, and Battlesuit
  • Ogre Checklist Sticker with each Storage Box Sticker
  • Four Ogre pocket folders

This is almost worth it right here. But there is SO much more in this level. Carry on . . .

Car Wars

  • Car Wars
  • Crash City (Sunday Drivers)
  • Truck Stop
  • Boat Wars
  • Expansion Set 1
  • Expansion Set 2
  • Expansion Set 3
  • Expansion Set 4
  • Expansion Set 5
  • ALL of the above include die-cut counters, in addition to the original sheet of counters that needed cutting out
  • Expansion Set 6
  • Convoy
  • Uncle Albert's 2035 Catalog
  • Uncle Albert's 2036 Catalog
  • Uncle Albert's 2038 Catalog
  • Uncle Albert's 2039 Catalog
  • AADA Vehicle Guide 1
  • The Best of ADQ 1
  • AADA membership card
  • GURPS Autoduel
  • Car Wars Storage Stickers included in Car Wars and Truck Stop
  • Car Wars Checklist Sticker with each Storage Box Sticker
  • The Sunday Drivers cover sticker included in Crash City
  • Three Car Wars pocket folders
  • Car Wars pocket journal

Illuminati

  • Base Illuminati game (if chosen as one of the seven additional games)
  • Expansion Set 1
  • Expansion Set 2
  • Expansion Set 3
  • ALL of the above including die-cut counters, in addition to the original sheet of counters that needed cutting out
  • Two Illuminati pocket folders

plus . . .

  • Two more Pocket Box games (assuming Ogre, G.E.V.Battlesuit, Illuminati, and Necromancer were chosen as part of the seven additional games) including luminaries such as Awful Green Things from Outer Space, Undead, and Kung Fu 2100
  • Two custom Eye-in-the-Pyramid dice in every Pocket Box game/expansion; color to be determined by survey
  • PDF of Space Gamer #30
  • Necromancer alternate cover art Pocket Box sticker
  • Necromancer pocket journal
  • Three other pocket folders (Raid on Iran, Kung Fu 2100, and Necromancer)

ALL OF THIS FOR JUST $200!!!

Seriously. $200. The Car Wars material alone is worth that!

More stretch goals await: GURPS Zombietown, for use with GURPS Autoduel; pocket journals with Car Wars (2), Ogre, and Battlesuit art; another Car Wars Storage Box sticker, and who knows what else Phil will find!

But there is even still more! Backers can purchase the entire 40-issue run of Autoduel Qaurterly at a discount, or all 50 of the SJGames published issues of the Space Gamer. And there are dice; oh my, are there dice! Cthulhu DiceIlluminati DiceThe Fantasy Trip DiceHalloween DiceBullet Dice; suffice to say, there are dice for all tastes. And let's not forget The Fantasy Trip Legacy edition and Pocket Box edition that are available as add-ons as well. You can even purchase empty Pocket Boxes, to place the Storage Box stickers on.

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this deal has become. Steve, send Phil to the hospital because he has absolutely lost his marbles! I'll sign the commit order!

But this deal will not last forever. Phil obviously used his last remaining functioning cerebral synapse to put a deadline on this insanity. This deal ends on Friday, March 1st. You DO NOT want to miss out on this! We have entered the final hours of this campaign. Click on over and check it out!

-- Drew Metzger

(Post #62)