Reloading

webm...@sjgames.com

May 18, 2019, 12:27:47 AM5/18/19
to ogre...@sjgames.com

Reloading

Just a quick update to touch base - I'm busy prioritizing our next Ogre projects while the company is focusing a bit on The Fantasy Trip (go check out the Decks of Destiny KS! I'll wait . . .), Munchkin (Warhammer, Girl Genius, many others), and obviously Car Wars, as well as many other amazing games. That said, my job is Ogre, so that's where I'm at! We certainly owe y'all a Kickstarter for the massive Mark VI and Doppelsoldner; I know Phil has been looking at the details for this recently, so rest assured that it is not forgotten. I'll provide details here when we have something more concrete to announce.

As those of you who attended FnordCon know, (thanks again, for the help!), I've been playing around with more mats. A new Ogre-style map is in the works and I'm got ideas for a few more GEV-style maps to help link everything together. Question: would variations of current maps be of interest? Two ideas have popped up: Either a winter version of an established map, or perhaps one with already damaged terrain? I fear the winter version might look bland and would not add anything to the game except eye-candy (we do not have any official winter terrain rules) but I keep bumping into the idea. As far as making damaged versions of established maps, it would be dictating where the damage is located. I think overlays would work better (i.e. more flexibility) but I could be wrong. Please jump over to this thread and let me know your thoughts.

Nightfall and a possible Battlefields 2 are also on my virtual desktop. I'm trying to get a full draft (of either!) to Steve but life keeps getting in the way. But there is progress. So there is plenty of Ogre happening, even if there haven't been any grand pronouncements in the recent weeks.

I'd be remiss if I didn't remind everyone that pre-orders are still open for the many Ogre-verse Pocket Box games (and all those other games). There's even an Ogre-only bundle. But don't forget to add Necromancer to play the secret Ogre scenario! I'm looking forward to trying it out. Plus, we have located some more copies of Ogre Miniatures, Second Edition and put them up on Warehouse 23. Everyone needs a Vatican Guard Doppelsoldner, right? There is a lot of great information in this book, and some of you may choose to ditch the gameboard and go tabletop miniature moving forward! Additionally, Battlefields should be leaving the factory right about now and beginning its trek to our fulfillment warehouse in Michigan. We will keep you posted.

Speaking of Battlefields and Ogre MIniatures, Second Edition, a few people have been inquiring as to the specifics of what units and counters are found with each product. I have posted a counter sheet manifest over on our forums that spells out the contents for these releases; check it out.

That's all for now. Happy Spring, everyone! Go play a game!

-- Drew Metzger

(Post #66)