Guess What's Coming In December?

webm...@sjgames.com

Nov 17, 2018, 2:08:16 PM11/17/18
to ogre...@sjgames.com

Guess What's Coming In December?

Well, yes, Santa in his sleigh is coming, but so is the Battlefields Kickstarter! One of our very few remaining promises from the Ogre Designer's Edition Kickstarter, this is the long awaited expansion to the game. We collected the new material released over the past few years as well as material that didn't make it into Ogre Designer's Edition, like maps G3 and S3, and then gave it the Ogre Sixth Edition treatment with top notch production. This will make Ogre even more comprehensive than before. And speaking of Ogre Sixth Edition, the joy (and frustration!) of playing on maps with terrain to contend with and other "green map" issues will now be available to those players too. This expansion may be even more valuable to Ogre Sixth Edition players as it helps close the gap between ODE and Sixth Ed. The campaign should run into January and we have all sorts of great stretch goals planned, so please help spread the word about Battlefields; this promises to be a great Kickstarter!

Speaking of arriving, Ogre Miniatures, Second Edition, has arrived at our warehouse. We anticipate beginning the process of shipping them out this coming week, so you will have even more Ogre to play during the winter months. I've attached some pictures of a few of the 3-D construct stretch goals unlocked during that Kickstarter. I hope that Vulcan gets those lasers online soon; that Doppelsoldner looks like it means business!

[Image] [Image] [Image]

Ogrezine II is progressing along nicely. We just posted the third article of the magazine on our website this past week. "Painting Infantry: Boot Camp" by Stephan Beal is a wonderful tutorial for those of us that are . . . "less experienced" . . . in painting miniatures. He provides step-by-step instructions along with advice and guidance about the various traps and pitfalls that might await a novice painter. Plus he has included a number of wonderful pictures demonstrating the steps. Now there is no excuse for not tackling the pile of plastic miniatures that is sitting on our desks from Ogre Battle Box (let alone, Ogre Many Minis!)

Looking for seasonal gift ideas for the Ogre fan in your life? Check out our new Ogre t-shirts! Available in a number of colors and in styles for both men and women, these are the pinnacle of fashion on the nuclear battlefield. It's ok to buy one to put in your own stocking, too; I know a Munchkin would!

As always, join us on the forums to discuss the latest releases for Ogrezine, showcase your painted Ogre Miniatures, or anything else relating to Ogre. And stay tuned to Ogre News for more on the upcoming Battlefields Kickstarter!

-- Drew Metzger

(Post #51)