Things Are Heating Up

webm...@sjgames.com

May 29, 2020, 12:51:22 PM5/29/20
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Things Are Heating Up

Lilas, par Geneviève

At least where I live, that being an inland bit of North America. We finally have sunny days, songbirds, flowers, and all that good stuff. It looks, sounds, and smells like spring – heck, like summer. But that doesn't mean we can take a break (even if we're sorely tempted!).

Recent Releases

Dungeon Fantasy Dungeon PlannerMay brought one genuinely new GURPS-related title and another in a form different enough to merit mention:

Dungeon Fantasy Dungeon Planner (May 22, 2020; PDF and Softcover)

Collections of forms and record sheets for RPGs aren't to every gamer's taste. "Isn't that what paper is for?" But this might change your mind! It's a notebook with space for a dungeon map, a structured adventure overview, individual room maps and descriptions, wandering monster tables, and monster and trap records – in short, everything you need to keep all your notes organized and in one place as you design and then run a dungeon adventure. The price is right, so you might want one for each dungeon, or even for each level of a big dungeon.

Dungeon Fantasy Monsters (May 21, 2020; Softcover)

By popular demand, we've made the bestiary from the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game available on its own via print on demand. Like Dungeon Fantasy Adventurers and Dungeon Fantasy Spells before it, this is not a standalone game. But if, say, you're deeply invested in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy and want just the monsters from the DFRPG box . . . well, here you go!

"Everything Old Is New Again" Department

Our GURPS Third Edition archiving initiative kept chugging along, bringing the long out of print (and thus anxiously awaited) GURPS Terradyne back from obscurity. We also added GURPS Psionic Powers to our print on demand offerings, for those who missed it on paper the first time.

Upcoming Plans

Most everything mentioned in the last couple of roundups remains in various queues, so these hints are largely reruns. As ever, they're sneak peeks at works very much in progress, subject to all manner of changes and shake-ups . . . especially with the world turned upside down by pandemic. Thus, I can drop names but not promise a publication order, much less specific dates. Thank you for your understanding!

  • A general GURPS game aid streaked from discussion to production. It should go to print shortly and ship this summer.
  • A ton of shorter supplements await production. In rapid succession: two for GURPS Action (one by S.A. Fisher, the other by me), one for GURPS Boardroom and Curia (by Steven Marsh), two for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy (one by Peter Dell'Orto, the other by Matt Riggsby), one for GURPS Hot Spots (by Matt Riggsby), one for GURPS Magic (by me), one for GURPS Monster Hunters (by Christopher Rice), one for GURPS Steampunk (by Phil Masters), and one for GURPS Template Toolkit (by me). Yeah, all that.
  • I found the time to write something for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. That joined everything else in the production pipeline this week.
  • The Girl Genius Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game remains in the production queue behind items we can turn around more quickly (see above). Its time will come!
  • I took a solid swing at the editorial queue, editing three more manuscripts – one for GURPS Horror (by Christopher Rice and J. Edward Tremlett), one for GURPS Reign of Steel (by Roger Burton West), and one for GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic (by Christopher Rice).
  • The final draft of Christopher Rice's GURPS Realm Management is still in the editorial queue, because again, we're prioritizing the short and the fast.
  • Both William H. Stoddard's latest effort and Randy Huegele's contribution to the GURPS Hot Spots series await playtesting, which unfortunately must take a back seat to editing and production.
  • First drafts from James Amaral & Joshua Lopez (for GURPS Infinite Worlds), Alden Loveshade (no clues yet!), David Pulver (ditto!), and Christopher Rice (for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens) continue to await editorial review as the editors tackle . . . well, all the rest.

One further project is past the first-draft stage but on hold, while three others are in the process of being written. The landscape is in constant flux. To keep tabs on this, check out the GURPS thread in my blog, updated Fridays.

Join Us! Join Us!

I continue to beg would-be writers for patience. We're barely keeping up with what we have! Please focus on making sure your eventual proposals are perfect. Study our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template. Then take a look at the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated May 4, 2020) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated May 4, 2020) to discover our current needs; for the time being, we're sticking strictly to those lists. Thanks!