I Asked For "November" With An "N" . . .

已查看 33 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

webm...@sjgames.com

未读,
2022年11月30日 10:04:192022/11/30
收件人 gurps...@sjgames.com

I Asked For "November" With An "N" . . .

. . . but I got "Covember" with a "C," which is a dorky way of saying that I caught COVID-19. I hate failing HT rolls! As the GURPS Line Editor was hors de combat for a three weeks – oh, and since SJ Games' CEO, Phil Reed, was also down with the sickness at around the same time – little changed for GURPS during the month. The few things worth mentioning are all "upcoming."

Recent Releases

Thanks to the joy of illness, this month brought no new GURPS-related items. I am very sorry for that.

Everything Old Is New Again Department

As a consolation prize, if you like, we'll soon make available color printings of many GURPS supplements formerly published in hardback. Keep your eyes on GURPS on Demand for GURPS Banestorm, GURPS Bio-Tech, GURPS Dragons, GURPS Fantasy, GURPS High-Tech, GURPS Infinite Worlds, GURPS Low-Tech, GURPS Magic, GURPS Martial Arts, GURPS Space, GURPS Thaumatology, and GURPS Ultra-Tech. Most of these are only in PDF or B&W softcover right now. While I can't help lovers of paper or color get color hardcovers, here's your chance to grab color softcovers.

Upcoming Plans

Remember how I've been warning that unforeseen events could derail progress, especially since the debut of the pandemic? Well, illnesses at SJ Games proved the point recently. Work does continue, and I'll hint at what's going on, but there hasn't been a lot of change.

  • GURPS Renaissance Venice: Merchants of Venice, by Matt Riggsby, is through editing and production, got art, and just had its production review. Expect it soon.
  • All of GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves (Christopher R. Rice), GURPS Fantasy Folk: Goblins and Hobgoblins (Phil Masters), GURPS Fantasy Folk: Kobolds (Phil Masters), and GURPS Fantasy Folk: Winged Folk (Anders Starmark) remain in the editorial queue, but . . . we are taking steps to clear the blockage. We even have a Plan B as well as a Plan A.
  • The final draft of GURPS Template Toolkit: Spirits, by Rory Fansler, arrived and went directly into the aforementioned editorial queue.
  • GURPS Tactical Shooting: Extreme Conditions is still with Hans-Christian Vortisch to produce the final draft by year's end.
  • Playtesting of Matt Wehmeier's GURPS Infinite Worlds: The Atom Skerry concluded.
  • Paul Stefko continues to revise GURPS Loadouts: Starship Crew for playtesting.

Six additional projects exist but aren't ones I can talk about. Which said, the latest internal update on five of them was during the past month, so they aren't just rotting. For hints regarding ongoing work, visit the GURPS thread in my blog, updated Fridays.

Join Us! Join Us!

Will we stop getting sick? Can we clear the editorial queue? There are so many questions! It's up to you whether you think the answers mean it would be wise to submit a query letter or proposal right now. You can certainly improve your odds by being completely fluent in our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template, and by limiting yourself to the recommendations of the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated November 3, 2022) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated November 3, 2022). I'd suggest aiming at less "crunchy" material, because that has demonstrably moved through our pipeline about twice as fast as content with lots of rules and stats.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子