43×47

webm...@sjgames.com

Jan 29, 2021, 11:29:59 AM1/29/21
to gurps...@sjgames.com

43×47

GURPS FurriesHappy belated new year! I must be a total dork, because whenever I say the date aloud, I can't help but think, "2021, 22, 23, . . . huh-huh-huh!" That's why I led with a prime factorization: to avoid making that joke. Oh, my – I really am a total dork.

Hey, look! Over there! It's GURPS!

Recent Releases

January started the year off right with new support for GURPS.

GURPS Furries (January 28, 2021; PDF)

Ever wanted to play a character who enjoys everything that's great about being an animal and being a human? Not by turns, like a werewolf, but all at once – say, a talking tiger or fox or rabbit who walks upright but still has handy fur and claws? If so, this is the supplement you've been waiting fur! It covers all manner of anthropomorphic animals, giving you the tools you need to create furry racial templates, cook up furry game settings, or bounce right in and start playing your fursona.

Everything Old Is New Again Department

GURPS on Demand celebrated the new year with GURPS Who's Who 1 and GURPS Y2K (I guess we were off by 20 years . . . well, hindsight's 20/20). Both of those are for GURPS Third Edition, so you'll need to convert the stats to use them with Fourth Edition (that's especially important for the character sheets in Who's Who 1).

Upcoming Plans

We hit the ground running after our vacation! Here's where things have advanced to. As ever, this is a list of guesses – by an insider, to be sure, but please don't read them as promises. Given how 2020 went, I think we can all agree that "then again, we could all be eaten by zombies" seems almost plausible.

  • The GURPS Pyramid Scheme Kickstarter went live, got funded all the way to its final stretch goal, and closed. I'd like to offer a HUGE thanks to the 1,570 people who pledged $34,547 to make that happen! All three issues are well on their way to being finalized for rapid delivery.
  • I've been warned to leave space in my schedule for the production review of Christopher Rice's GURPS Realm Management. Could it be next?
  • The Girl Genius Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game has Foglio art and is back in production.
  • The short David Pulver item I've been teasing about remains in production for now.
  • GURPS Hot Spots: Srivijaya, by Randy Huegele, has had its playtest and is now with the author to create the final draft.
  • Bill Stoddard's most recent project moved into peer review on January 20, 2021. We anticipate that process shouldn't take more than a month.
  • The current playtest queue boasts volumes in the GURPS Fantasy Folk series (by Alden Loveshade), the GURPS Infinite Worlds series (by James Amaral & Joshua Lopez), and the GURPS Vehicles series (by Carolyn Stein & Steve Stein) – in that order.
  • Rory Fansler's mystical mystery manuscript and Christopher Rice's GURPS Dungeon Fantasy joint remain with their respective writers for revisions.
  • A first draft from Matt Riggsby awaits editorial review.
  • Yours Truly is about 75% of the way through writing something short but stylish.

All the rest is either too far out to talk about (including a two-parter from David Pulver) or on hold at the author's request. Since a lot can happen in a week, keep tabs on the GURPS thread in my blog, which I update faithfully on Fridays.

Meanwhile, In Norðlond . . .

Our friends at Gaming Ballistic LLC have been busy as well: The four books for the Nordlond Sagas Kickstarter campaign are now available on Warehouse 23! Pick up both new Norðlond adventures, Forest's End (by Merlin Avery) and The Dragons of Rosgarth (by Kyle Norton). For character creation, look for Hand of Asgard to make your Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game cleric more flavorful, while Norðlondr Folk adds new races to the mix, including the totally-not-tieflings eldhuð, the triger, and new takes on some old friends. Both books were penned by Kevin Smyth. And check out the Ballistic's Report to see what Gaming Ballistic has been up to this week.

Join Us! Join Us!

The intake end of the product pipeline seems somewhat less clogged, now: I've been bouncing a couple of promising proposals back and forth with writers, and we'll probably sign contracts shortly. That isn't a call to jump in unprepared! I strongly advise all would-be contributors to absorb the Submission Guidelines, GURPS formatting guide, and GURPS WYSIWYG template before sending even the most tentative of queries. Also, we're still asking writers to stick to the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated August 4, 2020) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated November 3, 2020) for now; our decks aren't so clear that we can entertain blue-sky ideas. Thanks in advance!