Real Life Is Science Fiction

webm...@sjgames.com

Apr 30, 2020, 1:32:05 PM4/30/20
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Real Life Is Science Fiction

Global pandemic! World leaders invoking emergency powers! Livin' in the Forbidden Zone! It's like a 1980s or 1990s science-fiction film about the 2000s and 2010s, or perhaps a futuristic RPG campaign, though we don't have zombies – yet. Speaking of RPGs . . .

Recent Releases

Dungeon Fantasy CompanionGURPS Classic: HorseclansLike countless other businesses during these extraordinary times, SJ Games has asked its employees – including the good folks at Warehouse 23 – to work from home. Moreover, getting physical components (such as cards, counters, and dice) created and shipped for product lines other than GURPS has proven to be a challenge that falls somewhere between "tricky" and "impossible." In light of these realities, we've prioritized games that need more help than GURPS does, and focused our GURPS energies on making lots and lots of older content available online.

Thus, April brought no 100% new GURPS-related items but was hardly a dull month:

We went all-out with our print on demand effort, bringing five GURPS Third Edition reprints to market:

GURPS Classic: Deadlands – Weird West GURPS Classic: Space Atlas 4We started selling Dungeon Fantasy Companion on Warehouse 23.

And we pushed the GURPS PDF archiving initiative hard to get all of these GURPS Third Edition (and earlier!) classics into PDF form:

Upcoming Plans

Despite taking significant time away from reviewing, playtesting, editing, and laying out all-new material in order to prepare everything listed above, there have been modest developments on those fronts. Here are a few hints, which you should take with whole sack of salt – it has never been less possible for me to offer dates or even a likely publication order. Thanks for understanding!

In addition, one project is past the first-draft stage but on hold, while four others are in the writing process. As I look over those notes, I have this nagging feeling that one or two other works in progress slipped my mind, because there's a lot in the hopper right now. I might get my memory back in the GURPS thread in my blog, updated Fridays.

Join Us! Join Us!

Given the obvious backlog, honesty demands that I admit this isn't our finest hour for responding to query letters or proposals. If you'd like to write for us, please use this period to learn our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template forwards, backwards, and sideways. After that, swing by the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated August 2, 2019) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated August 2, 2019) to find out what we're looking for – we cannot even think off-list right now – and start putting together really convincing queries. Thank you!