Spring Has Sprung!

webm...@sjgames.com

Mar 30, 2021, 2:12:20 PM3/30/21
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Spring Has Sprung!

GURPS Realm ManagementWell, it sprung earlier in March, but I'm not complaining! Here in the Frozen North, we now have birds, buds, the first flowers, and even some bees . . . and no snow. Best of all, the sun is still in the sky at the end of the workday – a workday that in my case is used to create more GURPS.

Recent Releases

March brought one new GURPS publication.

GURPS Realm Management (March 25, 2021; PDF)

While RPG campaigns are ultimately about the PCs, heroes normally come from and live somewhere. Those "realms" – from the tiniest villages to the greatest empires – can generate endless plots and adventures. War, espionage, diplomacy, trade, and political maneuvering have need of people willing and able to act . . . people who might eventually take a shot at running things. It's far easier to handle all that when you have stats for the relevant territories, along with rules for day-to-day management and extraordinary events. Which is precisely what this supplement provides.

Just a Reminder

Looking for GURPS content, new or old? Here's where to find it:

  • Warehouse 23 (all the products SJ Games sells through its online store)
  • GURPS on Demand (everything offered via "print on demand" on Amazon)
  • DriveThruRPG (the PDFs currently available through that store)

Upcoming Plans

What does "create more GURPS" actually mean? Here's my monthly snapshot of the process! It's a list of guesses, albeit from an insider. We're living in interesting times, so even more than usual, nothing below is a sure thing – radical changes of plans aren't merely possible but likely.

  • The Girl Genius Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game is in its all-but-final form, awaiting release plans.
  • Two short items from me – a contribution to the How to Be a GURPS GM series and another GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters volume – are also in final form and likely to show up soon, probably in that order.
  • The short David Pulver and Matt Riggsby projects I've been teasing about are both through production . . . and yes, we're saving them for something. Stay tuned.
  • The final draft of GURPS Hot Spots: Srivijaya, by Randy Huegele, has moved out to May at the author's request.
  • Bill Stoddard's most recent manuscript remains in peer review.
  • The playtest queue is still moving slowly. My apologies for that. Starting with "next up," it holds works in the GURPS Fantasy Folk series (by Alden Loveshade), the GURPS Infinite Worlds series (by James Amaral & Joshua Lopez), the GURPS Vehicles series (by Carolyn Stein & Steve Stein), and the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens series (by Christopher Rice).
  • Rory Fansler is still revising his latest first draft.

There's also stuff further out (notably David Pulver's two-parter), on hold at the author's request, and of course in the planning stages. To be the first to know when that news breaks or anything above changes, watch the GURPS thread in my blog, updated Fridays.

Join Us! Join Us!

We continue to accept queries and proposals – and we continue to ask would-be writers to stick to ideas from the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated February 22, 2021) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated February 22, 2021). Right now, the less "crunchy," the better. Before even considering that path, though, please review the Submission Guidelines, GURPS formatting guide, and GURPS WYSIWYG template. Thanks in advance!