Octavian Has Left The Building

webm...@sjgames.com

Aug 31, 2022, 11:48:03 AM8/31/22
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Octavian Has Left The Building

Which is to say, that's the end of August. It seemed to fly past quickly – possibly because I was on vacation for two weeks of it. Where I live in the Great White North, some of the trees are already showing signs of changing color. Meanwhile, in GURPS . . .

Recent Releases

August brought the last GURPS 2021 PDF Challenge title and the first 2021 GURPS Pyramid Scheme issue to Warehouse 23.

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 23: Twists (August 11, 2022; PDF)GURPS Dungeon 23: TwistsPyramid #4/1: Fantasy/Magic I

Not all GURPS Dungeon Fantasy campaigns – or even adventures – are alike. Fittingly, the genre itself likes to loot, shamelessly swiping ideas from every genre and real-world culture. In that spirit, this supplement looks at three topics that fall somewhat outside the traditional: delvers as legitimate authorities who have adventures in polite society, horror that's scary even to hardened monster-slayers, and higher technology than "TL Olden Tymes." While it's too short to do all the work for you, it provides advice on how to introduce these elements in a streamlined fashion that meshes well with hack 'n' slash.

Pyramid #4/1: Fantasy/Magic I (August 25, 2022; PDF)

The dozen articles in the inaugural issue of Pyramid, Volume 4 offer additional goodies for your GURPS Dungeon Fantasy or any fantasy game. Whether your thing is yet more magic, strange new places to explore, or off-the-wall surprises, you're sure to find inspiration here!

Everything Old Is New Again Department

While we were bringing formerly inaccessible stuff to you in PDF form, we also got a popular PDF into print via GURPS on Demand: GURPS Horror: The Madness Dossier, by Kenneth Hite. You're welcome.

Upcoming Plans

What's next? Work on new content is afoot, but the pace remains modest . . . a variety of curves like illnesses, vacations, and plain old overwork continue to crop up. Such is life. Here's what I can share right now.

Beyond those projects are five others that I'm not cleared to discuss at this time. If you're a newshound, be sure to keep your eye on the GURPS thread in my blog, which I update Fridays.

Like Our Store, For Instance

As you might have read here, we have a new online store you can try out. It's still in the testing stages, but if all goes well, that'll be where to look for GURPS releases in the future.

Join Us! Join Us!

Judge for yourself whether the above situation suggests a climate in which you want to risk submitting a query letter. There has been some movement, but there are some really long waits as well. If you aren't certain, consider learning the Submission Guidelines, GURPS formatting guide, and GURPS WYSIWYG template inside and out, and keeping an eye on the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated February 11, 2022) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated May 2, 2022) for what we want. It never hurts to be able to show us that you are prepared.