Stealth Check-In

webm...@sjgames.com

Aug 31, 2023, 11:40:00 AM8/31/23
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Stealth Check-In

GURPS Fantasy Folk: Winged FolkOfficially, I'm on vacation, so this update never happened. Unofficially, I can't sit around and ignore the end of a month . . . I imagine that psychologists have a name for it. So, here's a quick roundup of what happened in August. Read it, then look into this gizmo. Flash.

Recent Releases

August brought one new GURPS supplement:

GURPS Fantasy Folk: Winged Folk (August 24, 2023; PDF)

GURPS Fantasy Folk for GURPS Third Edition introduced a race of flying, human-like beings suitable as PCs. That was risky because flight without the downside of being either a beast without hands to hold weapons or pixie-sized and too weak to wield serious weapons poses a serious challenge for fantasy GMs. At the same time, it was undeniably cool – enough that it should come as no surprise that the winged folk have returned for Fourth Edition! This volume focuses on more than their mobility and tactical advantages, delivering a lot of information on culture, language, religion, and worldview. Consequently, the winged ones aren't simply "humans with wings"; indeed, they're different enough that you might be tempted to play one for reasons other than ". . . and then I drop a rock on his head" (though you can do that, too).

Upcoming Plans

Now, on to the fortune-telling. As usual, everything listed here is an educated guess. Despite being an insider, I cannot guarantee that titles won't change, nor offer firm dates or even an order of publication. In a year that has seen ice storms, forest fires, tornadoes, and floods strike my little corner of the world, I would be hesitant to promise anything!

  • GURPS Tactical Shooting: Extreme Conditions, by Hans-Christian Vortisch, is in production and a safe bet for the autumn.
  • Editing continues on GURPS Infinite Worlds: Worlds of Atomic Horror, by Matt Wehmeier.
  • GURPS Template Toolkit: Spirits, by Rory Fansler, will move into editing as soon as Worlds of Atomic Horror moves to production.
  • GURPS Loadouts: Starship Crew is still with Paul Stefko for revision.
  • First drafts of GURPS Infinite Worlds: Worlds of Atlantropa (by Joshua Kilburn) and GURPS Meta-Tech (by Christopher Rice) showed up and are awaiting editorial review.

Then there are 11 Sekrit Projekts: one in editing, one in first-draft review, four being written, and five at the concept stage. As those move forward, it's always possible that I'll reveal more in the GURPS thread in my blog, updated on Fridays when I'm not on vacation.

Join Us! Join Us!

We remain more interested in rules-light ("fluffy") items than in rules-heavy ("crunchy") ones. If that appeals to you, the first steps are to read our Freelancer FAQ and Submission Guidelines, and get familiar with the GURPS formatting guide and GURPS WYSIWYG template. Then check out what we're looking for on the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated August 15, 2023) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated August 15, 2023).