Sprung

webm...@sjgames.com

Mar 30, 2023, 1:52:55 PM3/30/23
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Sprung

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: ThievesThat's "sprang" if you're of the British persuasion. You know, the past tense of the current season, were the current season a verb, which it is not. But it has been here for over a week, so it started in the past. Thank you, I'm here until summer! Er . . . look, GURPS!

Recent Releases

The past month marched in one genuinely new GURPS item:

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves (March 23, 2023; PDF)

Do your GURPS Dungeon Fantasy thieves feel robbed after buying both DX and IQ, and a long list of skills besides? Do they worry about being the shankee rather than the shanker in a fight? Are pesky spellcasters stealing their spotlight? If so, you've come to the right place! This manual of stealthy pilfering offers ways to specialize, optimize, and – yes, we'll say it – cheat in order to claim your rightful role in the party and, eventually, the Thieves' Guild.

Upcoming Plans

There was a fair amount of behind-the-scenes movement this month. Here are all the clues I'm allowed to give. As usual, I offer no dates and everything is subject to change without notice . . . the world remains inconveniently weird.

I'm tracking six projects in addition to the above, but it's too soon to talk about those. For updates, leaks, and clues of the weekly rather than monthly variety, read the GURPS thread in my blog. I do my very best to post there every Friday, though I have major life events (moving house) coming up that might interfere with that in April and May.

Everything Old Is New Again Department

GURPS Powers is now available in color via GURPS on Demand.

Join Us! Join Us!

We still have enough final drafts waiting on editors that queries and proposals aren't likely to enjoy swift responses and fast movement. If you want to take your chances, you can maximize your odds by sticking to rules-light ("fluffy") rather than rules-heavy ("crunchy") titles from the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated November 3, 2022) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated November 3, 2022). It also never hurts to show us that you're conversant with our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template. Thank you!