28 Days Later

webm...@sjgames.com

Feb 28, 2022, 12:00:15 PM2/28/22
to gurps...@sjgames.com

28 Days Later

I've probably used the title already, but hey, it suits February and refers to a film about beings that should be dead but aren't (like the title itself . . . is this what the cool kids call "meta"?). So, why not? Also, it has in fact been 28 days since the last update. Right, I'll get to the month's news.

Recent Releases

February saw something old (from the GURPS 2020 PDF Challenge) and something new for GURPS.

GURPS Boardroom and Curia: Tomorrow RidesGURPS Infinite Worlds: Nightreign

GURPS Boardroom and Curia: Tomorrow Rides (February 10, 2022; PDF)

A common question about GURPS Boardroom and Curia is, "Okay, so, what do I do with this?" Here's what: Create a cool organization that serves the needs of adventurers worldwide! The good (?) folks at Tomorrow Rides provide all the vehicles you could ever need for unusual or secret missions. For free – well, for the price of a review. Seem too good to be true? There's only one way to find out . . .

GURPS Infinite Worlds: Nightreign (February 24, 2022; PDF)

It has been a while since the last GURPS Infinite Worlds volume. So, here's a long and detailed timeline to make up for it. In this one, the big "What if?" is "What if the participants of the American Revolutionary War dabbled in magic and really made a mess of it?" The answer is a world without light, dominated by monsters. Monster hunting is a lot tougher without the aid of modern hardware. Of course, you could dabble in magic yourself . . . but the corruption could turn you into that which you fear most!

Everything Old Is New Again Department

We got GURPS Social Engineering back into physical form, both via GURPS on Demand (get it here) and on DriveThruRPG (get it here).

Upcoming Plans

So, what's next? Here are the customary teasers. As usual, titles, publication order, and the like are subject to change without notice. Given events since this time two years ago, the only safe thing to say is that it's best to expect the unexpected.

My secret files contain six other bullet points – not quite the same list as last time, so progress does happen! Be sure to check the GURPS thread in my blog every Friday for possible leaks, hints, and hype regarding those and all GURPS projects.

Where Is My Blog?

It isn't way out in the water . . . I just moved it from LiveJournal to DreamWidth. My motivations can be found in the breaking news toward the end of February. If you've bookmarked me, you'll want to update the URL.

Join Us! Join Us!

With so many manuscripts in various wait states, I won't lie to you: This isn't the best time to propose anything new. We really, really need to clear the pipeline first. In the meantime, please monitor the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated February 11, 2022) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated February 11, 2022) for what we'll eventually be looking for. Oh, and keep your mind fresh on the Submission Guidelines, GURPS formatting guide, and GURPS WYSIWYG template so that when you do submit something, we'll be impressed. Thanks once more for your patience.