Boo!

webm...@sjgames.com

Oct 31, 2019, 5:52:24 PM10/31/19
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Boo!

The cool thing about the end of October is that we get Halloween. And autumn weather, which is a different kind of cool. And GURPS stuff.

Recent Releases

October brought two new GURPS-related products: GURPS High-Tech: Electricity and ElectronicsDungeon Fantasy Magic Items 2

GURPS High-Tech: Electricity and Electronics (October 17, 2019; PDF)

Despite what GURPS High-Tech might suggest, there's more to the TL5-8 world than guns, guns, and more guns. Indeed, there's a case to be made that electrification is what separates "high-tech" from "low-tech," and that advances in electronics are the biggest factors differentiating TL6, TL7, and TL8. At any rate, engineers, gadgeteers, and techies of all sorts now have their very own tech book!

Dungeon Fantasy Magic Items 2 (October 31, 2019; Softcover & PDF)

You can never have enough magic items for the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game. These ones offer more than just plusses and standard spell effects, though. They're interesting, and often unique.

GURPS PDF Archiving Initiative

Work continues on bringing the world the GURPS back catalogue in digital form (PDF). October saw us upload GURPS Vehicles Lite and GURPS Horror GM's Screen, both for GURPS Third Edition.

Upcoming Plans

Time to put on my spooky fortune-teller costume and stare into the creepy crystal ball! As ever, these are educated guesses, not promises. Unexpected hitches can thwart the best-laid plans. We're mortals, not undead, meaning we catch colds and flus – and curses are real, at least where computers are concerned.

  • The promised seventh printing of GURPS Basic Set: Campaigns is shipping and should be showing up shortly.
  • The Pyramid Dungeon Collection is staged for release in December 2019.
  • GURPS Disasters: Hurricane, by James Howard, is in production and on target to see light of day in 2019.
  • The seventh printing of GURPS Basic Set: Characters is in transit, and we've announced it for January 6, 2020.
  • GURPS Vehicles: Transports of Fantasy, by Phil Masters, is in production and looking good for early 2020 as well.
  • Our second GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Setting, by Matt Riggsby, is with the author to revise into a final draft.
  • I have a manuscript in peer review, though it may be some time before I can tackle the feedback and revise it.
  • The latest GURPS Hot Spots supplement, by Randy Huegele, is with the author for revisions as a prelude to playtesting.
  • Christopher R. Rice's most recent oeuvre is also in authorial revisions prior to playtesting.

In addition, five projects are past the first-draft stage but waiting on various people or decisions, and five more are in the design phase (including works by David Pulver, Christopher Rice, and me). I might just leak hints about these or anything mentioned above in the GURPS thread in my blog. I update that before noon Central time on Friday.

Join Us! Join Us!

We're hardly short on props to occupy our time, but today's interminable wait is tomorrow's "It's out already?" If you'd like to see something of yours in the news eventually, please review our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template first. Once that makes sense to you, head over to the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated August 2, 2019) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated August 2, 2019) to see what we want. Please be aware that only writers who've published with us many times in the past have much of a chance of selling us anything that isn't on those lists.