Looking Toward Summer

webm...@sjgames.com

May 30, 2023, 11:20:39 AM5/30/23
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Looking Toward Summer

Your loyal GURPS Line Editor has arrived at his new address. So has the famous Wall o' GURPS . . . which filled most of 19 moving boxes. There's still much to do (the Wall o' GURPS got priority treatment), but a process that started unexpectedly in November and got intense enough to fill April and May is finally winding down. Unfortunately, that did affect the GURPS publication schedule for the past seven months – especially the past two. The fact that there were no releases in May doesn't mean that no work was done, though.

  • GURPS Fantasy Folk: Goblins and Hobgoblins, by Phil Masters, has jumped through all the hoops and should be published in the next couple of months.
  • GURPS Fantasy Folk: Kobolds is also by Phil Masters and also due to show up in the next month or two.
  • GURPS Fantasy Folk: Winged Folk (Anders Starmark), GURPS Infinite Worlds: Worlds of Atomic Horror (Matt Wehmeier), and GURPS Tactical Shooting: Extreme Conditions (Hans-Christian Vortisch) are still in the editorial queue, but an editor has been assigned. The question is no longer "Who?" or "When?", but "Which one first?"
  • Rory Fansler has another few weeks to polish GURPS Template Toolkit: Spirits, and then that, too, will go to an editor.
  • GURPS Loadouts: Starship Crew remains with Paul Stefko for revision.

There are 11 other projects open – one in production, one in first draft, four in design, and five in the concept stage – not to mention proposals under review. I'm not yet cleared to share details about any of these. However, I've been known to leak information in the GURPS thread in my blog, updated every Friday when I haven't fallen from a ladder (yes, really . . .) or been crushed under boxes.

Join Us! Join Us!

I am once again reviewing queries and proposals, but it's slow going. That doesn't mean would-be writers should give up! It does mean that rules-light ("fluffy") rather than rules-heavy ("crunchy") choices from the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated November 3, 2022) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated November 3, 2022) are strongly favored. It also means that there's no good reason not to take the time to become 100% conversant with our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template. Thanks for your patience!