You <I>May</I> Be Right, I <I>May</I> Be Crazy

webm...@sjgames.com

May 30, 2019, 2:29:46 PM5/30/19
to gurps...@sjgames.com

You May Be Right, I May Be Crazy

. . . but May is just about done. Though it wasn't a month filled with new releases, a lot got done behind the scenes. I worked more than a few 14-hour days – and I know my colleagues did, too. Skip down to Upcoming Plans if you want to see the fruits of our labor.GURPS Powers: Totems and Nature Spirits

Recent Releases

We uploaded one new GURPS-related product in May:

GURPS Powers: Totems and Nature Spirits (May 23, 2019; PDF)

It's common in fantasy – and not uncommon in "real world plus the occult" stories – to posit that animals, locations, and forces of nature have spirits. In settings where this is true, there are usually people whose vocation is to interact with these beings. This is often just an excuse for magic, but the notion of voluntary possession shows up as well. This supplement examines that phenomenon and the resulting abilities. It's perfect for gamers who want shamans and similar spirit-workers to be something other than Yet More Spellcasters.

GURPS On Demand

Due to most of our editorial and production efforts this month being directed toward new content, we had nothing left for reprints. Thus, there are no updates on the print-on-demand (POD) front – but we have by no means forgotten our commitment to such things! Be sure to stop by the GURPS On Demand page on occasion.

Upcoming Plans

So what have we been working on? Here are some hints – minus dates, of course. As usual, everything here is subject to the vagaries of people being absent for conventions, vacations, moves, illnesses, and alien abductions.

  • The Pyramid Dungeon Collection moved from production to prepress, meaning it should go live in the near future.
  • GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Treasures 3, by Peter Dell'Orto, entered production. Expect that in the next month or so.
  • GURPS Monster Hunters: Power-Ups 1, by Christopher Rice, is also in production. Look for it over the summer.
  • Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 has gone from "we're negotiating with a printer" to "at the printer."
  • GURPS Sorcery: Sound Spells, by Aleksei Isachenko and Garrett Norman, received its preliminary edit.
  • GURPS Social Engineering: Keeping in Contact, by Kelly Pedersen, more-or-less completed playtesting.
  • GURPS Template Toolkit 2: Races, by Bill Stoddard, advanced to peer review.
  • GURPS High-Tech: Electricity and Electronics, also by Bill Stoddard, went to playtesting.
  • The first draft of the next GURPS Disasters volume, by James Howard, is still in the playtest queue.
  • The first draft of another title in the GURPS Vehicles series, by Phil Masters, continues to await editorial review.
  • The lengthy revised first draft that SJ was reviewing remains with him. He reports good progress – it isn't stuck, it's just long.

Plus we have six items in the design stage (including projects by David Pulver, Christopher Rice, Matt Riggsby, and me), and a few more whose status is complicated enough that it behooves me to say nothing more. If you prefer weekly hearsay to the monthly variety, remember the GURPS thread in my blog, which I update every Friday – usually before noon Central time.

GURPS On DriveThruRPG

Re-releases of past GURPS PDFs remain available through DriveThruRPG. If that's where you do your shopping, bookmark this page to keep track of what's for sale via that channel.

Join Us! Join Us!

A lot of writers must pass by here, because Steven Marsh has forwarded me tons of queries and proposals over the past month. In light of that, a reminder: Before contacting us, please make sure you're familiar with our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template. Once you're up to speed on how we do things, you can learn what we want from the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated November 30, 2018) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated November 30, 2018). This is especially important if you've never written a supplement for us, as we ask first-time writers to restrict themselves to those lists. Thanks!