1, 4-6 On 1d, 1d

webm...@sjgames.com

Feb 28, 2023, 2:26:00 PM2/28/23
to gurps...@sjgames.com

1, 4-6 On 1d, 1d

GURPS Gun FuThat's straight off the official Random Month Table:

1, 1-3 January 3, 1-3 May 5, 1-3 September
1, 4-6 February 3, 4-6 June 5, 4-6 October
2, 1-3 March 4, 1-3 July 6, 1-3 November
2, 4-6 April 4, 4-6 August 6, 4-6 December

Hey, there are only so many ways I can announce the month! At least this one has Real GURPS Feel™. Speaking of which, you're probably here to learn about what happened with GURPS over the past month.

Recent Releases

Our focus continues to be GURPS on Demand, though we do in fact have several "Any day, now!" items in the wings.

GURPS Gun Fu (February 23, 2023; Paperback)

The essential handbook of cinematic gunplay is now available in print! It describes the "gun fu" genre, offers character traits and combat rules for emulating it, adds a few tacticool guns and accessories to the ol' drag-bag, and rounds it out with a filmography heavily annotated with tips on giving your games the right look and feel. Think of it as GURPS Tactical Shooting for GURPS Action.

Everything Old Is New Again Department

DriveThruRPG is GURPS on Demand's partner in this buddy flick. If you're more of a drive-thru shooter, pick up your printed copy of GURPS Gun Fu there instead.

Upcoming Plans

Yes, it was another month characterized by "most of the action was behind the scenes." I know that's not as exciting as new releases, but we are hard at work. Here's the latest on where things stand.

Then there are six other projects that I'm not cleared to talk about. For breaking news on those and everything else that's in the wings, check the GURPS thread in my blog. I strive to update that every Friday.

Join Us! Join Us!

We have a lot of final drafts queued up and so cannot promise rapid responses to queries and proposals, but if you're willing to roll the dice: Don't depart from the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated November 3, 2022) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated November 3, 2022). From those lists, pick suggestions that lean to the rules-light side; "crunchy" manuscripts full of rules and stats are responsible for our current slow progress. Finally, your odds are best if it's clear to us that you know our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template inside and out. Thanks in advance!