On The Move

webm...@sjgames.com

Apr 28, 2023, 9:23:19 AM4/28/23
to gurps...@sjgames.com

On The Move

GURPS Renaissance Venice: Merchants of VeniceYour faithful GURPS Line Editor is moving – and not because he wants to. Switching to the first person: I am a tenant (yes, a dread "rentoid"), my building was sold, and the new owner wants my apartment. Unexpected notice of that shortly after my bout with COVID-19 in November, a court date to settle the schedule and indemnities, searching for a new place against the backdrop of a 20-year-low vacancy rate, and an intense month of moving preparations all conspired to leave me limited time for GURPS since late 2022. Packing, moving, and unpacking will continue to distract me through May. I hope to return to my former level of focus by summer. In the meantime . . .

Recent Releases

As backlogs thawed, we got another new GURPS supplement:

GURPS Renaissance Venice: Merchants of Venice (April 27, 2023; PDF)

Historical worldbooks have long been a strength of GURPS. If you're fond of the Italian Renaissance, you're almost certainly familiar with GURPS Hot Spots: Renaissance Venice, its follow-up GURPS Renaissance Venice: Spies of Venice, and the related (rival?) GURPS Hot Spots: Renaissance Florence. With the release of this volume, Venice is officially at the center of not just intrigue and commerce, but also its own series! Merchants of Venice provides everything you need for a "galleys & gold" campaign based in this great city: maps, stats for ships, rules for shipping and trade, and a great deal of painstakingly researched supporting detail.

Upcoming Plans

Now for the hints. I can offer no dates – and even titles have a habit of changing – but here's what's in the pipeline.

Progress has been made on six other projects, too – especially three of them recently – but I'm not cleared to name those yet. For weekly peeks that might reveal more clues, read the GURPS thread in my blog. I normally post there every Friday, but with my upcoming move, I cannot promise that in May.

Join Us! Join Us!

Queries and proposals are particularly unlikely to get reviewed in May – I'm the reviewer, and my personal life will be utter chaos for the month – but that doesn't mean would-be writers can't prepare them as they wait. The usual tips apply: Stick to rules-light ("fluffy") rather than rules-heavy ("crunchy") choices from the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated November 3, 2022) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated November 3, 2022). Comply with our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template. Most of all, please be patient. Thank you!