Health Check-In

webm...@sjgames.com

Sep 29, 2023, 9:15:27 AM9/29/23
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Health Check-In

GURPS Boardroom and Curia: The Sospital GroupLast month you got a "stealth check-in," because I was on vacation. This month you get a "health check-in," because I had COVID-19 for a second time (I'm fine now). Who knows? Maybe this rhyming trend will lead to a "wealth check-in," because I'll win the lottery! In the meantime, I continue to work for a living . . .

Recent Releases

September came with a GURPS goodie that was previously available only as a BackerKit add-on for the Steve Jackson Games' GURPS 2021 PDF Challenge:

GURPS Boardroom and Curia: The Sospital Group (September 28, 2023; PDF)

GURPS Boardroom and Curia provides a system for assigning stats to organizations and using them in play. For this kind of supplement, it's nice to have ready-made examples – whether as illustrations of how to use the rules or as campaign elements. Here we offer a group that's a bit different from the usual run of military, espionage, law-enforcement, and criminal organizations, and from the mysterious Secret Masters behind half of what goes on in the typical game world. It's a modern-day global medical consortium that could patch up the heroes, employ them, or . . . yes, it could also play a part in a conspiracy. And it comes with all the necessary stats, right down to pay scales and service fees. The jury is out on whether they can cure COVID-19.

Upcoming Plans

Now on to guesswork about the future! I say "guesswork" because nothing below is so firm that its status or title can't change, and of course there could be surprises (like my recent illness) that hold things up.

  • GURPS Infinite Worlds: Worlds of Atomic Horror, by Matt Wehmeier, is through editing, into production, and looking good for October.
  • GURPS Tactical Shooting: Extreme Conditions, by Hans-Christian Vortisch, is also through editing and into production. Maybe November?
  • GURPS Template Toolkit: Spirits, by Rory Fansler, is next up for editing.
  • After a long pause, Paul Stefko is back to revising GURPS Loadouts: Starship Crew in accordance with my first-draft review comments.
  • First drafts of GURPS Infinite Worlds: Worlds of Atlantropa (by Joshua Kilburn) and GURPS Meta-Tech (by Christopher Rice) continue to await editorial review.

Current Sekrit Projekts comprise one in editing, one in first-draft review, and nine in various pre-first draft states. We also have contracts in the pipeline. The GURPS thread in my blog, updated on Fridays when I'm not ill, is where to look for interim hints and leaks.

Join Us! Join Us!

Recent internal meetings have confirmed that we still want rules-light ("fluffy") items more than rules-heavy ("crunchy") ones. Sound interesting? Then please read our Freelancer FAQ and Submission Guidelines first. After that, study the GURPS formatting guide and GURPS WYSIWYG template. Finally, pick something we're looking for from the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated August 15, 2023) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated August 15, 2023).