Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

webm...@sjgames.com

ungelesen,
31.07.2020, 13:21:3631.07.20
an gurps...@sjgames.com

More Than Half Done

I am speaking, of course, of the year – we crossed the halfway point at the start of July. I think most of us are hoping that 2021 will be better. At least, we're hoping that it will see the global pandemic brought under control, and maybe have less in the way of brain-eating microorganisms and murder hornets, too. But more GURPS!

Recent Releases

July brought one "regular season" new release for GURPS.

GURPS Magic: The Least of SpellsGURPS Magic: The Least of Spells (July 23, 2020; PDF)

Even low-powered spellcasters who use the least-impressive spells in GURPS Magic are fairly capable magic-users. Yet many game worlds are home to casual or impetuous dabblers, truly junior apprentices, and hedge magicians with minor-but-practical tricks up their sleeves. That's the focus of this expansion. It introduces trivial spells that work for anyone as long as there's at least normal mana. While these probably won't revolutionize society, they might just perk up your campaign!

Also this month, the GURPS 2020 PDF Challenge did far, far better than we had hoped, with 2,781 backers pledging $57,663, which was well past the amount needed to unlock all 12 PDFs. Thank you! And what were those PDFs? Here's the full list. The links are NOT live as I write this, but keep checking back; the supplements are already going out to backers, and should turn up on Warehouse 23 in the not-too-distant future.

Everything Old Is New Again Department

Our GURPS on Demand efforts continued, adding GURPS Fantasy Folk and GURPS Mars. These are reprints of GURPS Third Edition material, not new for Fourth Edition.

Upcoming Plans

Meanwhile, work proceeded on many other things. As usual, I can almost always provide author names, and often titles, but only rarely dates. Committing to a firm schedule is tricky at the best of times and nearly impossible with all that's going on in the world right now.

  • The GURPS Combat Cards are in house. They should be available before end of summer.
  • Not one but two short GURPS Dungeon Fantasy volumes from Yours Truly are in production. One is close to ready to go, while the other is waiting on a final piece of art.
  • The Girl Genius Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game is now in production as well; indeed, Kaja and Phil Foglio have seen some sample pages. Progress!
  • That as-yet-unnamed short item from David Pulver that I've mentioned a couple of times also went into production.
  • The final draft of Christopher Rice's GURPS Realm Management remains in the editorial queue because my focus has been on reviewing first drafts.
  • Bill Stoddard's GURPS Furries went into playtesting. The playtest will run until August 17.
  • Randy Huegele's manuscript for the GURPS Hot Spots series is slated for playtesting after GURPS Furries.
  • I reviewed a first draft from James Amaral & Joshua Lopez (for GURPS Infinite Worlds), and another from Alden Loveshade (no title reveal yet!).
  • I am better than halfway through reviewing the first draft of Christopher Rice's GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens installment.
  • A short first draft from Matt Riggsby (sorry, no hints right now!) and a first draft from Carolyn Stein & Steve Stein (ditto!) still await my review.

Another project has moved past the first-draft stage but been put on hold, while three more are in the process of being written. To keep tabs on all this stuff – and perhaps glean more clues! – check out the GURPS thread in my blog, updated Fridays.

Join Us! Join Us!

We remain swamped, so I still counsel would-be writers to use what remains of the summer to study our Submission Guidelines, the GURPS formatting guide, and the GURPS WYSIWYG template. Queries can come later . . . say, in the autumn, after I've cleared away the first-draft reviews and taken a vacation. When the time comes, see the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated May 4, 2020) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated May 4, 2020) to learn our current needs. We continue to insist that you choose from those lists rather than pull ideas out of nowhere. Hopefully we'll be able to ease up on that restriction before the end of 2020. Thanks!

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten