Welcome To 2×3×337

webm...@sjgames.com

Jan 31, 2022, 12:40:01 PM1/31/22
to gurps...@sjgames.com

Welcome To 2×3×337

So, here we are in a new year. Let's hope this trip around the sun goes better than the last two. I'll kick it off with the news for January, which is a little short because I stole some of its thunder with the December update at the start of the month.

Recent Releases

January saw a trio of GURPS 2020 PDF Challenge items join the general catalog.

GURPS Reign of Steel: Read the Sky GURPS Monster Hunters Encounters 1 GURPS Action 7: Mercenaries

GURPS Reign of Steel: Read the Sky (January 6, 2022; PDF)

GURPS Reign of Steel offers a very cool robot apocalypse, but figuring out what to do with it can get tricky. GURPS Reign of Steel: Will to Live author Roger Burton West is here to give you an example in the form of an adventure, complete with generous maps. Welcome to Tenby, a small Welsh village where nothing is as it seems . . . and you can't blame the robots for all of it.

GURPS Monster Hunters Encounters 1 (January 13, 2022; PDF)

GURPS Monster Hunters is another interesting setup that sometimes leaves you asking, "Okay, but how do I use it?" How about not one but two examples? These encounters have the advantage of being useful in just about any modern-day monster-hunting campaign; they stop short of being adventures that make sweeping assumptions about your game.

GURPS Action 7: Mercenaries (January 27, 2022; PDF)

GURPS Action has room for all sorts of heroes: super-cops, super-spies, military commandos, . . . you name it. Yet not every group wants to work for a government – many are happy to take the money and leave the paperwork, to be mercenaries. This supplement covers character creation and adventures for soldiers of fortune, and includes an abstract small-unit engagement system.

Girl Genius Sourcebook and Roleplaying GameGirl Genius Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game Update

Thousands of copies of the printed book are in transit as I write this. We haven't announced an official ship date, but to be annoyingly vague: Expect to see it sooner rather than later. In the meantime, you can get the PDF version here . . . and if you already have that, check that you have the December 23, 2021 revision, which is what we sent to the printer

Upcoming Plans

Now it's time for the hints. You know the drill: Nothing here is a promise, except insofar as you'll eventually see the content. Titles, publication order, vague dates, etc. are "to the best of my knowledge right now," and not set in stone.

There are six other bullet points in my secret files, but they're too far out to reveal at this time. I will let slip that we signed another contract. Be sure to check the GURPS thread in my blog – updated Fridays – for interim reports on all of the above.

We've Lost The Only Mook Who Mattered

For those who missed it in the Daily Illuminator and my journal: We recently lost Warren "Mook" Wilson. That's probably the saddest GURPS news I've shared in a while. Mook is perhaps best known for How to Be a GURPS GM. If you don't have it, consider picking it up – I checked and confirmed that Mook had a royalties contract, so any earnings will benefit his estate.

Join Us! Join Us!

Our human resources remain strained, leading to long waits for editorial review, playtesting, editing, and production. At the risk of sounding like a politician: I'm sorry about that, but there's not much I can do. I hasten to add that this is a good time to watch the Warehouse 23 Digital Wish List (updated November 4, 2021) and Warehouse 23 Wish List for GURPS (updated November 4, 2021), and to read and reread the Submission Guidelines, GURPS formatting guide, and GURPS WYSIWYG template. An excellent proposal in the second half of the year would be at no disadvantage relative to a hastier one sent our way during the first half. Thank you for your patience.