Cyclic dependencies in windows (W7/VS2010) build

Sebastian Ordas

May 7, 2014, 8:41:33 AM5/7/14
to opens...@simquest.com
Dear team,

I´m getting the following error when generating (not configuring) the OSS cmake.
The complete cmake output is pasted below.

The only static vs dynamic decision I made was regarding gmock (set it as dynamic).
As for the rest, I presume everything´s set as dynamic by default, right?

btw, what type of dynamic lib should I choose in boost?

for example, among the following alternatives, for release mode, multi-threaded:

libboost_system-vc100-1_55.lib
libboost_system-vc100-gd-1_55.lib
libboost_system-vc100-mt-1_55.lib
libboost_system-vc100-mt-gd-1_55.lib
libboost_system-vc100-mt-s-1_55.lib
libboost_system-vc100-mt-sgd-1_55.lib
libboost_system-vc100-s-1_55.lib
libboost_system-vc100-sgd-1_55.lib

I picked libboost_system-vc100-mt-1_55.lib

is that ok?

many thanks,
sebastian

Found OpenSceneGraph: D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osg.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgViewer.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgText.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgUtil.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgDB.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgGA.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgAnimation.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/OpenThreads.lib (found suitable version "3.2.1", minimum required is "3.2")

Could NOT find GLUT (missing: GLUT_glut_LIBRARY GLUT_INCLUDE_DIR)

Found OpenSceneGraph: D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osg.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgViewer.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgText.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgUtil.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgDB.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgGA.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osgAnimation.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/OpenThreads.lib;optimized;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osg.lib;debug;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/osg.lib;D:/binX64/OpenSurgSim/install/lib/OpenThreads.lib (found version "3.2.1")

Could NOT find GLUT (missing: GLUT_glut_LIBRARY GLUT_INCLUDE_DIR)

Boost version: 1.55.0

Found the following Boost libraries:

chrono

date_time

filesystem

system

thread

Configuring done

CMake Error: The inter-target dependency graph contains the following strongly connected component (cycle):
"SurgSimDataStructures" of type SHARED_LIBRARY
depends on "SurgSimMath" (weak)
"SurgSimMath" of type SHARED_LIBRARY
depends on "SurgSimDataStructures" (weak)
At least one of these targets is not a STATIC_LIBRARY. Cyclic dependencies are allowed only among static libraries.

Harald Scheirich

May 8, 2014, 1:56:10 PM5/8/14
to openSurgSim
Hey sebastian, we have not seen this error in nor in our windows or or linux builds we will have a look and see if we can reproduce it, we usually don't change any of the build settings, iirc gmock does not require a decision. I respect to OSS we usually build everything as static libraries.

We are in the process of writing up install documentation but that might still take a bit due to other priorities, so I hope you bear with us.

Harry

Harald Scheirich
Principal Software Engineer
Simquest Solutions Inc.