Compilation error due to "VertexData"

Christos Bergeles

Apr 1, 2014, 1:06:39 PM4/1/14
to opens...@simquest.com
Hi all,

I am trying to compile OpenSurgSim since a few days already on an Ubuntu 12.04, but I keep getting compilation errors. Most of them I have tacked, but I can't figure this one out:
[...]/SurgSim/DataStructures/TriangleMeshBase-inl.h:36:14: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘vertexData’
[...]/SurgSim/DataStructures/TriangleMeshBase-inl.h:37:13: error: ‘vertexData’ was not declared in this scope

The code seems to be OK, so, I don't know what evokes this.

Any hints are appreciated.

Thank you,
Christos

Christos Bergeles

Apr 1, 2014, 1:41:32 PM4/1/14
to opens...@simquest.com
Ok, for everyone trying to compile, it is IMPERATIVE that you compile using g++-4.7 and gcc-4.7. Also, I had to uncheck the generation of examples and tests.

Now I need to figure out how to compile the examples...

Paul Novotny

Apr 1, 2014, 4:47:42 PM4/1/14
to Christos Bergeles, opens...@simquest.com
Hi Christos,

Glad to hear you are trying OpenSurgSim. I am not quite sure what is
causing the compile error you are having. What version of gcc are you
using that it failed on? I noticed that the default gcc in Ubuntu 12.04
is 4.6, is this version you tried and failed?

In any case, we currently don't support Ubuntu 12.04 since many of the
packages we depend on are too old (Boost and OpenSceneGraph in
particular). Did you compile these from source?

BTW, what errors are you getting with building the examples?

-Paul

Christos Bergeles

Apr 2, 2014, 4:48:33 AM4/2/14
to Paul Novotny, opens...@simquest.com
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I am indeed compiling on 12.04. OpenSceneGraph was compiled from sources, and boost was taken from the repositories. I switched to gcc-4.7 and g++-4.7, and that fixed the compilation errors on everything but the Example section and tests. The errors I get are of the following type:
undefined reference to `YAML::detail::node_data::set_scalar

Linker errors. I do use your own version of yaml.

I am attaching a text file that shows all the compilation errors.

Thank you for your help!
compilation-errors