Re: Clarification on stapling example

Paul Novotny

Apr 8, 2014, 2:28:07 PM4/8/14
to Christos Bergeles, opens...@simquest.com
Hi Christos,

Hope you don't mind, but I am including the mailing list in case this is
useful for others.

On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 19:09 +0100, Christos Bergeles wrote:
> I managed to add the Phantom Device both in the inputVtc example and in the
> stapling. It was relatively straightforward - a couple of missing libraries
> here and there but nothing major.

Great, glad it was easy to do.

> In the stapling, am I supposed to feel some force feedback when the
> collision occurs, or just the notification?

Do you feel force feedback in the InputVTC example? As you can see, in
that example there is an OutputComponent that connects the
VirtualToolCoupler to the device for rendering forces. At the moment,
there is no OutputComponent in the Stapling Example, mostly because you
are the first one to use a force feedback device in this example. It
should be pretty straight forward to add an OutputComponent, just follow
the code in the InputVTC example.

> If it is just a notification for now, could you please send me an email
> when the forces are also implemented? I'll start trying to port my
> kinematics over to your framework.

No problem. Good luck, and let us know if you have any other questions
or suggestions.

-Paul