Too Sunny for Scottish Power !

瀏覽次數:54 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Trevor Lewis

未讀,
2020年6月19日 清晨6:41:202020/6/19
收件者:Microgen Database
When I tried to upload my meter reading to the Scottish Power website this morning of 19th June, it was rejected, as being too high!

Of course, it was high - but the sun has been shining (who knew?), resulting in the highest quarter of generation since installation in 2011. But computer says no.

I phoned, and was told that I had to email in in a picture of the meter showing the reading and the meter number. In the fullness of time, someone is going to verify this and process my payment. (Scottish Power blames this on the government.)

The Scottish Power website, as well as having the facility to upload a reading, also shows on the FIT page the email address for this, which is what I was told to use. However, I was told that if you hit the same snag as me, and just email in your reading, you will hit the same problem, and will get a request back (if you are lucky)  to send in a picture as above. So I suggest you send the picture in the first place.

If you email as above, they will confirm that your reading and picture have been accepted - but only if you ask them to do so. Otherwise, you will just ahve to wait for the money to be lodged and/or the quarterly statement to arrive (or not?).

Terry Farrell

未讀,
2020年6月19日 清晨7:31:212020/6/19
收件者:Microgen Database
This is now the norm - for all FiT providers. I had to do it with for the last couple of readings with Cooperativeenergy (until they closed for business) and now I have to do it with Octopus.

Ofgem changed the rules to put all meter readers out of work! As Smart Meters are rolled out, it should mean that eventually (theoretically) no one needs to have their meters read expect those with Export meters. So to eliminate the need for meter readers to come round to read just a few Export meters, Ofgem accept photos of the meters.

Make sure that both the meter reading and the meter serial number are clearly readable on the photo you email.

Terry

John Haynes

未讀,
2020年6月19日 清晨7:43:312020/6/19
收件者:Terry Farrell、Microgen Database
Hi Terry

I was under the impression that it is a legal requirement for ALL meters to be read at least once every two years as a fraud prevention exercise.

Happy to be educated if this is no longer true.

John

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Jun 2020, at 12:31, Terry Farrell <terryfa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Richard Griffin

未讀,
2020年6月19日 清晨7:49:472020/6/19
收件者:John Haynes、Terry Farrell、Microgen Database
Last time around I received an email saying they tried twice (although strangely the security cameras or Ring doorbell hadn’t picked anything up?) And could I send a photo with date proof by newspaper and one or two other requirements.
I did ask them to confirm that what I sent was acceptable, not wanting to be in breach, but haven’t heard back probably chase them now you’ve reminded me.

Rick

On 19 Jun 2020, at 12:43, John Haynes <thejoh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Terry

Andy Fletcher

未讀,
2020年6月19日 上午8:06:342020/6/19
收件者:microgen-da...@sheffield.ac.uk
On 19/06/2020 11:41, Trevor Lewis wrote:
> When I tried to upload my meter reading to the Scottish Power website
> this morning of 19th June, it was rejected, as being too high!
>
> Of course, it was high - but the sun has been shining (who knew?),
> resulting in the highest quarter of generation since installation in
> 2011. But computer says no.

It all seems a bit silly in that everyone had record solar PV in May.
They could have saved a large amount of effort and manual work at their
end if they had just raised the limit in their database by about 20%.
I'm sure that would have taken almost no time to programme.

I can't imagine that the benefits of holding onto the cash for another
few weeks would exceed the time wasted verifying all the photos and
manually overriding the rejects!

Anyway June is looking to compensate for the excess of May, it has been
pretty crap so far!

Hope everyone is happy and well

Andy

--
Kids not coal
- what CO2 legacy are you going to leave? Use renewables.

Andy Fletcher
Email:an...@x31.com
PGP/GPG:0x7767E3C6
Skype:andy.fletcher
Freenode:andyfletcher

Andy Fletcher

未讀,
2020年6月19日 上午9:37:042020/6/19
收件者:microgen-da...@sheffield.ac.uk
I guess this is relevant to this mailing list as National Grid manage
the core network which all your exported power will indirectly influence.

The National Grid system operator have just issued a statement on their
website about how to use the recovery to head towards net-zero by 2050.
It identifies seven priority areas which would bring the most benefits.

Well worth a read, nothing really surprising but it is good to see that
they are well on board with the move towards zero-carbon. Now we just
have to get the government to cough up some money on home
energy-efficiency and create a load of jobs in the process.

https://www.nationalgrideso.com/news/seven-priorities-green-recovery

/me waves

John Haynes

未讀,
2020年6月19日 下午2:27:542020/6/19
收件者:Terry FARRELL、Richard Griffin、Terry Farrell、Microgen Database
Hi Terry and all

I've now done a bit of (Google) research on the subject of mandatory meter reading and it does seem that Smart meters are not exempt from the 2 year rule.

Hope this helps.

John

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 at 15:25, Terry FARRELL <terryf...@msn.com> wrote:
If you have a smart meter it is no longer mandatory.

All I can tell you definitey is that when Cooperativeenergy closed for business, all they requested was a photograph of the meter. Octopus Energy accepted exactly the same photo for opening up the new account. Since I was first asked for photos of the Export meter, no one has read my meter. Both the Coop and Octopus told me in emails that Ofgem had approved the changeto proof of readings.

It makes commonsense to me. EDF have such a poor record of customer service, I doubt that they are aware!

Terry