An even better May 2020

Ken Wakefield

Jun 1, 2020, 5:39:10 AM6/1/20
to Microgen Database
Well folks May has just made it three months in a row of best performance from my solar system since installation in August 2011. It is even better than the 2018 scorcher that killed off my grass and many others around me.
153KWh/KWp (612 total from my 4Kw system). Always divide your total by your system size to show the values per KWp otherwise you cannot compare.

My URN is 90.  I have 16 250W Mitsubishi panels and a Nedap inverter up in Chester.

Ken

MrPhproxy .

Jun 1, 2020, 5:50:30 AM6/1/20
to Ken Wakefield, Microgen Database
Likewise, a new record month for mine in S. Yorkshire too..

143kWh/kWp - 860.8kWh (3.68kW Solax inverter with 20x Bisol 300W panels, split 10 East-ish + 10 West-ish..

Sharaf Khan

Jun 1, 2020, 6:00:36 AM6/1/20
to php...@gmail.com, Ken Wakefield, Microgen Database
Any one with experience of solar boost ?
I am having some issues with my hot water solar boost switch.
Any ideas,, help, suggestions will be appreciated.
The switch has this red Triangle with an exclamation mark in the sign and it's not heating the water.
Will be glad to discuss in the phone, please email the number

SomersetBob

Jun 1, 2020, 6:31:51 AM6/1/20
to Microgen Database
Same here, best month so far (installed Sep. 2016) - 175 kWh/kWp for my 2.16 kWp system - 362 kWh down in a very sunny Somerset.

Nigel Titley

Jun 1, 2020, 6:40:51 AM6/1/20
to microgen-da...@sheffield.ac.uk
Probably would have been for me too, except that my meter melted and the
whole installation has had to be switched off :-(

Looks like the array was delivering close to 4kW and possibly the screw
contacts in the meter were not adequately tightened. Smoke from the
meter and the plastic faceplate melted. New meter being fitted on
Wednesday but I've missed the record for May. Original installation
company are long gone bust, like most of them.

Nigel
> --
> https://groups.google.com/a/sheffield.ac.uk/d/msgid/microgen-database-group/ed2290ea-06b0-4b09-b0ac-f5663aaf990c%40sheffield.ac.uk
> <https://groups.google.com/a/sheffield.ac.uk/d/msgid/microgen-database-group/ed2290ea-06b0-4b09-b0ac-f5663aaf990c%40sheffield.ac.uk?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Kevin Morrison

Jun 1, 2020, 9:55:58 AM6/1/20
to Nigel Titley, Microgen Database
Yep, beat every year back to 2012, 173 kWh/kWp, 681kW for my 3.92kWh system in sunny Sussex.

Kevin

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/a/sheffield.ac.uk/d/msgid/microgen-database-group/9b4dc34f-4821-87be-ebc5-2cf1737a1b42%40titley.com.

Rupert Wilson

Jun 2, 2020, 8:27:47 AM6/2/20
to Microgen Database
Down here in the sunny Thames Valley we achieved 153.83 kWh/kWp (876.08 kWh from our 5.75 kWp SolarEdge system) beating our previous best month of July 2018 - we've only had the system since Dec 2017.  Wishing I had a bigger inverter as it clips during the middle of the day.

Rupert

John Haynes

Jun 2, 2020, 9:16:08 AM6/2/20
to Rupert Wilson, Microgen Database
Hi Rupert
That must be disappointing to say the least that your Inverter isn’t coping. As you installed only 3 years ago, is your installer / sales company still trading?
If so, I would challenge them on the basis of fit for purpose, particularly if you have a warranty and estimated output figures from them.
Good luck

John

Sent from my iPhone

Nigel Titley

Jun 5, 2020, 11:38:52 AM6/5/20
to Kevin Morrison, Microgen Database
Well, I'm back in business and the electrician confirmed that the wires
were indeed inadequately tightened into the meter. He says that he has
come across this time without number on PV installations. The meter is
designed to take up to 100A with contacts sized appropriately. However
the average PV installation delivers 4kW max (16A) and the wires are
much smaller than the maximum. Many installations have the wires just
stripped and inserted into the contacts and often the screw bears down
on the insulation rather than the conductor. When the load is high the
contact can heat up enough to cause damage (in our case it melted the
meter and the conduit it was adjacent to). The isolator was similarly
badly terminated.

Might be worth checking the temperature of your meters and other
contacts when you are generating your max 4kW.

Nigel