Plumbing problem resolved. See you tomorrow!

prin...@sethigh.org

Jan 23, 2023, 7:41:38 PM1/23/23
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

Thank you everyone for your quick action today.  Most students were gone within an hour of me sending out that email, and our compromised plumbing was able to support those who had to stay.  The clog has been fixed and everything is mopped up and ready for school tomorrow.

As a good lesson in avoiding pre-judgement, it turns out that the boys bathroom pee-er never existed.  The right combination of simultaneous flushes was simply overwhelming our already clogged drains and causing just that little bit of extra to seep out of the drain in the boys bathroom making it look like someone was peeing on the floor.  Today. the partial clog got fully clogged and made it obvious that what goes down can indeed come back up!

I apologize if I was the one who ever made a general accusation of floor peeing.  I'm pretty sure that I suspected early on that it was coming from the drain and not from one of our students, but I have to admit that it didn't completely make sense to me at the time, so I might have said something in my frustration.  It's a good lesson for us all to remember that not everything is always what it at first seems to be!

Thanks!

Dr. McCurdy