Family Fun Day recap and other news

prin...@sethigh.org

Apr 25, 2022, 2:06:21 PM4/25/22
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

  • Family Fun Day was... FUN!!!
  • COVID-19 exposure on Friday -- shared air
  • SET t-shirts for sale, SET stickers for free
  • LCAP Advisory Group invitation (5/2 at 4:30)
  • Minimum day next Thu (5/5)  Release at 12:45.

Family Fun Day was... FUN!!!

Thank you to everyone who came to the family fun day and thank you especially to the SET PA for sponsoring the event.  It was so great to meet so many of you, finally, and to learn about your personal lives in an informal setting.  I loved seeing the parents getting to know each other as well.  There were a lot of phone numbers being exchanged!

I wish I could give credit to each of the parents who put so much effort into making the event a success, but I don't dare start listing names in case I leave anyone out.  In addition to the planners, the cooks, and those who ran the booths, we also had the muscle who were carrying the grills and the battlebot arena.  It was a true team effort.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Here are some photos from the event in case you want to see what you missed!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yoBcEBMo2S1LH7Ux8

COVID-19 exposure on Friday and Saturday -- shared air

We have a member of our community who tested positive yesterday who was at school on Friday and at the event on Saturday.  Both days fall in the "was contagious" window.  Since the new COVID-19 guidelines consider anything where air could be shared as an exposure and since our entire school is in a single building with shared air, any positive case in our school now needs to be reported to the entire community, and the whole community needs to be cautious and vigilant after such an exposure.  We will not do mandatory testing at school, but we are happy to help you test if you do not have an at-home test kit or if you are feeling sick in any way.  The guidelines state that you should test on day 3, 4, or 5 after exposure.  I was a very close contact with this individual so you will see me return to "common sense masking" for myself for the next few days until I am sure that I am negative.   Please do the same if you are ever feeling sick or if you know that you are a definite close contact with someone who tests positive.

SET t-shirts for sale, SET stickers for free

The cool new t-shirts that you saw on Saturday are available for $12.  We also now have SET stickers that we are handing out for free to students as long as we watch you apply the sticker to your water bottle, phone, or other surface.  We don't want to have a bunch of SET stickers plastered all over the school.  Parents, come ask for a sticker any time if you would like one.  We trust that you won't plaster them all over the school!

LCAP Advisory Group invitation (5/2 at 4:30)

We are going to have our first LCAP Advisory Group meeting for next year's LCAP on Monday, 5/2.  We will do it via zoom to make attendance easier.  The zoom link is here.  The LCAP is the Local Control Accountability Plan and the purpose of the Advisory Group and the LCAP is to add transparency to the school's budgeting process.  If you want to be part of the decision making for how we allocate school funds, please join the LCAP Advisory Group.  The total time commitment will be about 3 hours through the end of the year.  This first meeting will be 1 hour.  All students, parents, and staff are welcome to be part of the Advisory Group.

Thanks everyone!

Dr. McCurdy