Staffing Change at SET High

1 view

prin...@sethigh.org

Mar 8, 2022, 9:16:19 PM3/8/22
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

It is with great sadness that I report that Mr. Heid is no longer teaching at SET High.  He tendered his resignation today.  We cannot comment on the details of any employment agreements, but I can pass on the message that he is deeply saddened to lose his connections with the students and staff.  We thank Mr. Heid for helping the school and students weather some trying times over the last 2 years as we learned to navigate the virtual and hybrid teaching requirements imposed on us by the pandemic.  We know that many students will miss Mr. Heid and will want to say goodbye to him, but we ask that you be considerate of his privacy and not question why he is making this transition.

We are fortunate to have a staff who is willing to respond to any and all challenges that are thrown their way.  Mr. Montello will temporarily be taking over the Drawing and 3D Graphics classes, and Ms. Jokanovic will take over the YouTube class.  We will be speaking with the small number of students who are in the Stock Market class tomorrow to discuss various options for them, which may or may not include sticking together as a unit.  We plan to begin the search for another art teacher immediately and hope to find one who can start after Spring Break.

We know that these kinds of changes can be stressful for students, so we will do everything we can to ease the transition.  We will still be in communication with Mr. Heid about past grades and past assignments, so no prior student work will go unrecognized.

Thank you to our amazing staff members who have stepped up during this time of need.  I know that I could have asked any of them and received a similar level of commitment to our students.

Thank you, Mr. Heid, for your years of dedication to SET High and our students.  We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Dr. McCurdy