Weekly Update and an identified COVID Case

1 view

prin...@sethigh.org

Dec 10, 2021, 6:10:23 PM12/10/21
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

  • COVID case identified on campus
  • Parents, pick up your free COVID-19 home test kits
  • Attendance Challenge card on Core Competency
  • San Diego Unified Site Visit Completed today

COVID case identified on campus

Unfortunately we've had another COVID case on campus this week.  If you have not received personal correspondence from the school, your student was not identified as a close contact.  I do urge everyone to be extra vigilant during this time, though.  We have a number of students who are home sick today.  The COVID-19 cases that we've been seeing at school all have very mild cold-like symptoms, so it is best to do a COVID test anytime anyone in your family is feeling a little under the weather.

Parents, pick up your free COVID-19 home test kits

We have received home test kits for each of our students.  We are only going to give them to parents, though, so if you would like to have one, we will hand them out at the pick-up line on Monday after school.  If you do not receive one then, feel free to come in anytime to pick up your test kit.

Note that these test kits are only designed to give you an early warning at home about possible COVID-19 exposure and does not replace the official tests that are done at school or medical clinics.  We will still require a student to be tested at school if they are showing symptoms or returning to school after an illness.

Attendance Challenge card on Core Competency

You may have noticed that there is an Attendance Challenge card on the right side of the Core Competency dashboard.  Please start paying attention to this so that we can motivate all students and families to help us increase our attendance.  We understand that absences (especially now) are inevitable, but if we are able to convert the absences to Independent Study by having the parent report the absence by clicking on the "My Student Will Be Absent" button (on the left side of the dashboard), the absence will not affect our school budget.  If your student has an attendance rate that is below 95%, we all need to work to fix that.  We do have many students who have managed to maintain a 100% attendance rate even though they have been physically absent from school on occasion.  If everyone realizes how much extra money we would have for student activities if we got to 100% attendance for everyone, I think we can reach our attendance goal.  As I told the students, we have already paid the teachers' salaries, the rent, and the electric bill.  Any extra money that we earn would go directly back to the students, so let's grab it!

San Diego Unified Site Visit Completed today

Thank you to all of our students for representing SET High so well today when San Diego Unified came to review our school.  The team was very impressed with our students and said that the students who they interviewed all had very positive things to say about our school.  I'm not at all surprised.  Thank you students!

Thanks everyone.

Dr. McCurdy