Spring Schedule Changes and new course

prin...@sethigh.org

Jan 19, 2023, 6:26:33 PM1/19/23
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

In case anyone wants to adjust their schedule before the 9th graders schedule classes tomorrow, we had to make some changes today to make sure that we are offering the classes that meet the students' needs.

The most exciting new course that we've been wanting to offer for years but have not been able to find a way to make it happen, is a Personal Finance class.  Every 12th grader should be taking this course because this is the course that will help you understand how to navigate the adulty things in life like how to open a bank account, how to navigate credit card choices, how to pay taxes, how to budget, and how to play (and win!) in the stock market.  Parents, please insist on your 11th and 12th graders taking this course because we, as adults, know that these are the most important topics they can learn in school, but the students won't realize that until after they have taken the course.  It will be a 5th period option.

The other changes that have occurred in case this helps resolve any schedule conflicts that you may have had are:

  • Robotics is now 1st period
  • There is now a 2nd world history class during 5th period
  • History through Media is cancelled and World Religions has moved to 3rd period

Thanks everyone!

Dr. McCurdy